Hondo's Bar

Fight Club: Is it superfluous?

the division of joy

Personally, I think so. I believe we've outgrown its function. It was fun while there were many people bedding in and conflict was rife, but we've grown together for the most part and there isn't really any full scale drama anymore on here. This is reflected by the place being pretty dead?

Of course, I'd like to hear others opinions on it and leave it to nick to have the final solutionsay in what happens, but its something I've felt for a little while, and think that it could be easily dissolved into relevant forums (Superhero type nonsense into the comic forum and other stuff into pimp hand/crap shack where relevant).

As a ps, I do fully expect Ly to warn us all of the dangers of change.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying lock it down, or delete its contents, but I'm saying lets spit it up and rape it like its germany after WW2.

I'm game for helping move things to where they need moving to if we go that route. But its been something knocking about my head since before the awards, I figured I'd win villain first before suggesting we dissolve part of what earned me said title :2T:

i'm reluctant here, because it was built by a good friend of mine many years ago - but we did indeed hijack it's purpose a long time back, and it exists primarily to host squabbles & hostility. it was once argued that it's existence encouraged both of these things, but i don't personally subscribe to that kind've idea.

DoJ does make some points though, and loggins' plan for the according threads is sound as well. if the lot of you think it's the right course of action, i don't think i'd be against it...let me think on it a bit too though.

one more thing though: ive heard arguments in the past of dissolving corners that were/seemed dead; if they serve a function other spots don't, i don't think this is the right mentality. i.e. if no one posts in science for a full year, that tells me to find more interesting scientific advances to post about, not be rid of it (here, i'm more interested in the corner's redundancy than its activity)

(is archiving/locking down, as a practice, really that sloppy? Hondos Inc is the definition of a time capsule, and ive debated doing this with lyricist lounge for years now...also i bet you people still want your pimp hand, don't you)

Well, ultimately, its your decision as to what happens here. Its just something I've felt for a while now. No harm keeping some of the classics in place and leaving it as a stepping off point for what we once were and how we've matured as a forum since, which I think satisfies your criteria you're getting at in your last paragraph. Its quiet, but its not because its quiet I'd like to move on from it.

Circle of hate and the civil wars spring to mind instantly as regards that. Not only are they big parts of the history on here, they are also prime for dramatic readings if folk choose to do so.

Plus if science is quiet, go create your own science, you lazy so and so!

one more thing though: ive heard arguments in the past of dissolving corners that were/seemed dead; if they serve a function other spots don't, i don't think this is the right mentality.

I completely agree. There's a debate whether or not Fight Club has a function that can't be served by other forums. I'm not really sure what side I'm on.

How comfortable would we be just having drama threads go in the crap shack? I mean, why not, right? I'm not sure member fights really need to have a specific place.

The other thing that goes there are "When Titans Tussle" Vs. threads, right? I haven't personally used it for this, and had no idea it was ever used for it until I started digging up old threads. It doesn't jostle my jimmies to have fights between comic book characters in comic books, personally. I understand the reasoning behind isolating them though.

(is archiving/locking down, as a practice, really that sloppy? Hondos Inc is the definition of a time capsule, and ive debated doing this with lyricist lounge for years now...also i bet you people still want your pimp hand, don't you)

Hondo's Inc is a time capsule, and it should exist in it's current state. It isn't somewhere people need to post for any reason, and it would be cheapened.

I wouldn't be upset if Lyricist Lounge was folded into Music main, but I don't think it should be archived.

Edited by Thrizzle