Hondo's Bar

Killer Crow (Tarantino's next?)

The NZA

source

"I don't know exactly when I'm going to do it, but there's something about this that would suggest a trilogy. My original idea for Inglourious Basterds way back when was that this [would be] a huge story that included the [smaller] story that you saw in the film, but also followed a bunch of black troops, and they had been fucked over by the American military and kind of go apeshit. They basically -- the way Lt. Aldo Raines (Brad Pitt) and the Basterds are having an "Apache resistance" -- [the] black troops go on an Apache warpath and kill a bunch of white soldiers and white officers on a military base and are just making a warpath to Switzerland."

"That would be the third of the trilogy. It would be connected to Inglorious Basterds too because Inglorious Basterds are in it, but is about the soldiers. It would be called "Killer Crow" or something like that."

According to Tarantino he has most of the script written already.

Yes, he's made the following movies:

Reservoir Dogs

Four Rooms

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Kill Bill Vol. 1

Kill Bill Vol. 2

Death Proof

Inglourious Basterds

Django Unchained

Here's all the ones he didn't:

True Romance

From Dusk Till Dawn

Natural Born Killers

An airplane disaster movie

A slasher movie

A Giallo

50s-style melodrama

A Blaxploitation movie

A biopic of John Brown

A movie about Texas Rangers

A kung fu movie in Mandarin (this was promised after Kill Bill)

The Vega Brothers movie

Several prequels to Kill Bill

A sequel to Kill Bill (he's recently said he's probably not going to do it now)

Sequels and prequels to Inglorious Basterds (I know he still could, but he wont)

And all these remakes, sequels, and adaptations (in all fairness, many of them were obviously bullshit the moment they left his oddly curved lips):

Forty Lashes Less One

The Switch (Prequel to Jackie Brown...kinda)

Freaky Deaky

Killshot

Forty Lashes Less One

Faster Pussycat Kill Kill

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

A Luke Cage movie

Come Drink With Me

Halloween VI

Friday the 13th Part XI

So he's finished about 4 things he's talked about doing and he talked about them all with the same seriousness/casualness until they finally became a real thing or dissapeared forever. The only director that's worse about this is Neal Marshall.

Bah, do we even want half of those things? A Vega bros. movie sounds awesome on paper, but I don't think it would be that cool, and I would rather not see Kill Bill continued since Bill is no longer there to Kill and it would just get annoying. I think he pretty much said Deathproof was his slasher flick. It's just nice to know that he has way more awesome ideas than alot of folks making movies and is successful in creating what he can. And pretty much all of that stuff has been implemented into his movies in one way or another

closeenough.png?1317606898

His original idea for his half of Grindhouse was pretty cool. It was going to be a horror movie about a bunch of white kids fucking around on this old plantation and getting murdered by the ghost of a former slave. (I'm guessing Quentin watched Black Demons) woulda been cool, though what we got was still pretty great (but only in the truncated double feature form, the extended version definitely overstays its welcome)

• 3 years later...
Oh really? How was the Vega brothers movie? I didn't see it because I apparently live in a universe where Quentin Tarantino has made all 20 of the movies he said he would.

related! Quentin Tarantino says he only has two films left to make and then he'll stop

“I’m planning on stopping at 10. So it’ll be two more. Even if at 75, if I have this other story to tell, it would still kind of work because that would make those 10. They would be there and that would be that. But the one he did when he was an old f—ing man, that geriatric one exists completely on its own in the old folks’ home and is never put in the same shelf next to the other 10. So it doesn’t contaminate the other 10.”

still a fan, but i really feel his last one was his weakest yet - really a bummer since i loved the setting & cast. i guess it's between that & death proof.

that might be true, i just cant see rewatching it with all the other stuff i should give at least one viewing, you know?

hateful 8 wasn't bad, it just felt like all those parts coming together should've made something a lot better....like dogma, kinda? i dunno, panch is right that a lesser tarantino film is still enjoyable for me but id not watch it again either

Oh I still enjoy the hell out of Hateful 8, it was a lot better than that other frontier movie that everyone was talking about last year. I just think Tarantino should've dropped the "mystery" angle and showed the scenes in chronological order instead of giving us that wet fart of a reveal.

And Nick, just watch Grindhouse. The complete thing is available on Blu-Ray and still very enjoyable. The shorter version of Death Proof is the better one anyway.