Hondo's Bar

Jurassic World

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see that in addition to the advances in genetics that the Jurassic Park people have learned the value of adding dramatic tuba farts to your movie trailers. Gotta say I didn't care for the piano remix of the theme song though, not when there was a perfectly good Melodica version out there free to use.

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
JURASSIC WORLD Toys Reveal A New Hybrid Dinosaur

114974.jpg

We know about the fearsome Indominus Rex of course, but the following images of some packaged toys from the upcoming Jurassic World line reveal another, more docile hybrid. Will she actually appear in the movie? We now also know the names of Chris Pratt's Raptor buddies.

We've seen smaller versions of some of these already, but now images of several dinos from the upcoming Jurassic World toy line have found their way online in their packaging, and might reveal some interesting things about the movie. First off, we have this Stegosaurus/Triceratops hybrid -- perhaps the Indominus Rex isn't the only genetically altered dinosaur that'll be featured? Well, as we've come to expect from these movie-based toys, not everything we see in plastic winds up on the screen. A safer bet for an actual movie revelation is the names of the three Raptors we see being trained by Chris Pratt's character in the trailers. It seems they'll go by "Charlie", "Echo" and "Delta". "Clever as ever, Jurassic World’s velociraptors — Charlie, Delta, and Echo — are masterful hunters. Now, they’re teaming up to hunt the ultimate predator!" Not particularly imaginative, but there you go. More images at the link below. Stegoceratops.jpg

Chomping.jpgDelta.jpg

Echo.jpg

Steven Spielberg returns to executive produce the long-awaited next installment of his groundbreaking Jurassic Park series, Jurassic World. Colin Trevorrow directs the epic action-adventure from a screenplay he wrote with Derek Connolly. Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley join the team as producers.

• 2 months later...

Original T-Rex returning/movie will ignore Lost World and part 3

“The T. rex that’s in [‘Jurassic World’] is the T. rex from the original ‘Jurassic Park.’ She is 22 years older. But she’s not limping around. […] We took the original design and, obviously, technology has changed. So, it’s going to move a little bit differently, but it’ll move differently because it’s older. And we’re giving her some scars and we’re tightening her skin. So, she has that feeling of, like, an older Burt Lancaster. And this movie is her ‘Unforgiven.’ “

According to Trevorrow, the previous sequels aren’t being written out of continuity so much as placed to the side, as they both unfolded on a different island.

• 1 month later...

I didnt love it as much as you guys. It rode the nostalgia train a bit much for my taste and some of that CG made me wanna puke... but boy did it have one of the best fight scenes Ive ever seen. Just had a lot of mixed feelings about it.

I just know that the CG in movie 1 is still the best out of all of them.

Jurassic Park was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. I admit when the music hit I got a little weepy. But thats all I needed. References are fine, but it was a bit of overkill.

Dont get me wrong, I had a blast and it was fun as hell, it just felt like a remake disguised as a sequel.

+1 for that 2nd gif btw

One more edit, cause it's been a rollcoaster-rex of emotions concerning this movie for me today. Looking at SFX comparisons and my problem wasn't that the CG was bad. That's probably harsh criticism, but there indeed was too damn much of it. I always loved the practical dino effects in the movies, and it's been 20+ years, so there has had to be some innovation in that area. I just wish I could have seen more than that. Eh, enough of what I didn't like, here's what I loved:

The Raptor Squad- I want an origin story on those gals. Best characters of the movie

The kills- Especially of the British chick getting thrown around then finally eaten by the Sharkosaurus. That was actually kind of disturbing and the deaths overall had a lot of weight to them

That last fight- I must of done 5 fist pumps during the course of that thing. I wanted to cheer when Blue jumped up of the Rex's back and they went after the Hybrid.

Poking fun at the product placement- kind of meta, but I'm glad that it wasn't lost on them that the movie was ultimately a 2 hour long toy commercial. "Pepsisaurus"

Edited by Axels

I didn't love it as much as you guys. . . Just had a lot of mixed feelings about it.

Ditto. I enjoyed it, but I thought the editing and direction was weak. Crim and I watched Jurassic Park right before seeing Jurassic World and that really didn't help as it just further highlighted how we all really missed out by not having Spielberg driving this ship. Unlike Axels, I did enjoy the throwbacks to the original film though.

Bottom line for me is Lost World still beats out Jurassic World by a narrow margin for the #2 spot int he franchise in the end. It's all about the Goldblum, baby.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Pull-Out King!