Hondo's Bar

NZA's Classic Game Room

The NZA

thank you, amber - also, latest additions!

- RGB modded (+ amplified for better signal) N64, bought back all the games id had/wanted for it except the last 2 expensive ones: Conker's Bad Fur Day & Ogre Battle 64

and fresh in from japan:

j3w4ZGS.jpg

PC-Engine Duo R - Region-free (switch for cards is in the slot), new lens installed & RGB modded for XRGB mini goodness. i couldn't find my genesis model 2 AC adapter (same voltage) so im waiting on another from ebay, but i don't even have games for this thing yet, haha...

fortunately, a really cool dude on GAF donated:

Bonk's Revenge

Galaga '90

Final Lap Twin

Bonk's Adventure

Alien Crush

Keith Courage

so hopefully soon i'll finally get to start exploring the TurboGrafx-16's library (Ario X had the CD unit in the day, but he only had Cosmic Fantasy 2 & Air Zonk, both of which i need to pick up). so hyped!

now to make shelf space for it

next up: still looking for a few good Atari deals, shopping around in the modding scene for RGB modding an NES & removing the lockout chip while they're at it

$40 on craigslist for the whole lot - the 25 NES games have a few throwaways, but a badass bunch otherwise...found this just looking for cheap N64 games, glad i stayed up to grab it early. CL and swap shops really are the only spots left around here for deals like this.

That is awesome. A winner is you!

Holy fucking shit, I need to get my ass back to Miami! This is fucking amazing. Speaking of the more obscure/novelty stuff, Is there any part of you that would be interested in a Phillips cd-i? I have one stuffed in a closet that I've plugged in a few times and fucked around with, but I don't have the shelf space/ inputs to justify having this thing hooked up all the time.

• Thanks 1

shit yeah man, that'd be awesome! i'm totally down to neo-geo AES, 3DO, Jaguar & that one (assuming i cant find me & my brother's atari 400 in my mom's garage), pretty sure that one also lacked copy protection so if nothing else i can check out the zelda games, heh. I really do love being able to burn the more expensive games from that era & dive into their catalog, been burning PC/DUO CD stuff the last few days here.

lemme know next time you're down man, we can have a motion video game night & maybe check out Arcade Odyssey as well, the owner's doing a fundraiser for a video game museum that id love to see us get down here.

as an aside: friend on GAF caught a Virtual Boy + 2 games for $45, so jelly! finally got to play one of those at Lulu's place a few months back, thing was mindblowing but i totally see why it made junker need glasses, haha.

rUMhgyQ.jpg

showed up early at a garage sale yesterday, one dude before me & im dying to know what he got, haha...mostly atari & super famicom games, which i thought was interesting. photo kinda sucks, so here's what i nabbed:

Atari: Frogger, Q-Bert, Berserk, Pac-Man, Mrs. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Pitfall!, Centipede, ET, Space Invaders...now i just need someone local to sell a woodgrain 2600 for cheap!

NES: Ironsword (Wizards & Warriors 2), Wrestlemania, Dr. Mario, Spy Hunter, Astyanx

SFC: Bahamut Lagoon, Seiken Densentsu 2, a namco Yu Yu Hakushu (sp?) title & a Crayon Shinchan one i took a chance on (he had many others, mostly sports a few i wish i understood enough to've decided on!)

Genesis: Columns, Sub-Terrania, Beavis & Butthead...passed on a $3 copy of Thunder Force III with a torn label that i kinda wish idve gotten just to trade with, heh

talked him down to $40, which felt fair. he had some Game Gear stuff that looked good too (and a ton of consoles - like 5 dreamcasts, 8 NES etc, nothing i needed) so i saved my money for the con later that morning, which brought the Ecto-1, heh. Closed it out by going to a Pikmin 3 event at gamestop where i got some nintendo swag...not a bad day!

contacted someone on craigslist about original Samba de Amigo maracas on the cheap, hoping to hear back - still holding out hope for a good condition Virtual Boy down the road too!

upqnotq.jpg

swung a set of Samba de Amigo maracas (in what looks like barely used condition) for $20 on craigslist! gotta track down the JPN disc online with the extra tracks now, and maybe another pair for 2players down the road, but finally being able to play this gem proper feels good man.

another kid on craigslist is offering a Virtual Boy with 2 games for @ $40, i really gotta stop looking this stuff up & spending but when you're in front of a computer its hard not to keep at it till you find good deals.

now if only my goddamn PS3 would return

Well now with the move done and my stuff unpacked time to get my retro gaming setup going. Sadly as with all moves it seems I've lost a few things.

can't find the dreamcast VGA cables(though it's been years since my dc was connected so who knows) and it seems in the move I've misplaced my n64 controller and power supply) also misisng SNES cables(av and power) but thats a bit less important atm.

Once I get that sorted out all I need is my GC component cables*cough*jaysendthemplease*cough* and I'm good to go for now. once I get stuff sorted I'll post pics.

bought it back years ago after you didn't...i did recently find a cheap Final Fantasy II after you or Mike lost that one as well, so SNES replacements are totally done. i kinda wanna grab Run Saber sometime if i see it cheap though, looks like a fun Strider clone.

• 2 weeks later...

haha, nice! i so could (i like that one of his only Super Famicom games is Mother 2/Earthbound), but i keep everything in cases now...i wonder what those carts are 2 spots over on each side of the NES, maybe cleaning kits? looks like triple game carts from a 3rd party that i never saw. i like his taste in games, he's totally got me on Gambeoy.

and i told myself i'd try this when i finally got a house:

7mgiXoR.jpg

also, trying to replace a lotta my classic gaming magazines i lost in a flood years back, if anyone has old game players/EGM/GamePro/Nintendo Power/etc laying around, lemme know! ill buy on the cheap or take donations, haha

Oh, I meant to tell you! While walkin to take my piss test (it was a block away) for my new job I passed an old mom and pop video store that I thought long dead. Mike and I used to rent NES games there (Mike Tyson, Little Nemo, Chip & Dale) back in the day. It was early in the morning and was closed but I looked inside. All I could only see spanish movies, but the window said games, too. Maybe some for sale. Maybe some of those same old games from back then! It's worth a look (when their open).

Let me know and we'll go.

I think they open at 12, 1pm. I mean, who's renting videos even at that hour? Wednesday is your day off, right? Sleep, wake up a little early (4 or 5 or whatever) and come over. It's walking distance so we'll just walk from my house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

2SFGBOY.jpg

AKhLvJe.jpg

cr0Nnvg.jpg

uSqLqDL.jpg

JmDrMDV.jpg

nHRArHq.jpg

5rBRhVO.jpg

oFIIABS.jpg[

lz6O2vU.jpg

took some better shots (also up on our imgur) of the jewel case stuff (dreamcast/PSX/JP saturn etc) so the spines could be read, but yeah, it's coming along! honestly, after rounding off the everdrive collection, i'm pretty much done for the time, barring any really good deals randomly cropping up...which is sadly happening less & less as most of the retro bubble continues to skyrocket. still, i got the vast majority of what i was after, and for prices i wanted, so no complaints!

what's cool is, pretty much every system up to last gen is modded to be region-free and if it's disc-based, play CD/DVD-R's. cart systems all have complete collections on their respective everdrives, so at the least, i can play anything i want, which is awesome! the only other hardware i'm looking at in the next year or so (barring nintendo's next actually somehow making it out soon-ish) is this one project that'd allow Neo-Geo/MAME arcade perfect gameplay, which i'd be all over.

• Upvote 3