Hondo's Bar

Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie

The NZA

rise.jpg

http://seesmod.com/groovymovie/

Jay and Silent Bob are back! Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes are hitting the road with their new animated film, JAY & SILENT BOB'S SUPER GROOVY CARTOON MOVIE - which blazes across America in a series of one-night-only shows starting April 20, 2013 in Atlanta at the Center Stage Theater. The legendary best buds from Jersey are back to dispense weed and wisdom in cartoon form and audiences will have the opportunity to watch the new movie and stick around for a rip-roaring Q&A afterwards.

Cast:

Eliza Dushku, Tara Strong, Ralph Garman, Neil Gaiman, Ben Gleib, Jon Lovitz and the podcast stars of Smith's SModcast Network!

Plot:

When they can no longer stomach the ever-growing weed of suburban crime, Jay & Silent Bob take on the mantles of costumed avengers Bluntman & Chronic, smashing super-villains they accidentally create! Can the Doobage Duo save their beloved Jersey ‘burbs from their new arch enemies, the League of Shitters? While clearly not the comic book movie the world wants, GROOVY MOVIE is the comic book movie the world needs!

Dates:

April 20 Atlanta, GA Center Stage Theater

April 21 Washington, DC Warner Theater

April 22 Tarrytown, NY Tarrytown Music Hall

April 23 New York, NY Best Buy Theater

April 24 Boston, MA House of Blues

April 25 Philadelphia, PA Keswick Theater

April 29 Santa Barbara, CA Lobero Theater

April 30 Sacramento, CA Crest Theater

May 2 San Francisco, CA Warfield Theater

May 5 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern

May 9 Portland, OR Bagdad Theater

May 15 Seattle, WA Moore Theater

May 17 Kansas City, MO Midland Theater

May 18 St. Louis, MO The Pageant

May 19 Chicago, IL The Vic Theater

May 20 Indianapolis, IN Clowes Memorial Hall

May 21 Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music Theatre

May 22 Milwaukee, WI Pabst Theater

It looks a lot like the hit-or-miss TV Funhouse segments on SNL from like 10 years ago. Regardless, I don't know the running time, but a $69,000 budget for an animated movie is impressive. A par-for-the-course 22-minute animated show costs $200K/episode, and some run as high as $1M/episode.

That made me sad.

I'm also really distracted by what appear to be upper dentures in live action Jay's mouth. It's...disturbing.

I think you're right. Something is definitely off about his jawline/mouth. I wonder if it was meth? I don't think he looked like that in Zack & Miri.

It wasn't just heroin, heroin was just what finally took him to rock bottom. He talks about it briefly on the special features on the Clerks DVD, but from what I understand there was no meth involved. I think he preferred downers to uppers. In an case, drug abusers don't tend to prioritize dental hygiene.

They look quite horrifying in that picture but it's improved the way he speaks. It's part of why his stunt-casting in Todd and the Book of Pure Evil was a pleasant surprise unlike his stunt casting in pretty much anything else ever.