Hondo's Bar

Kitchen Nightmares

The NZA

• 10 years later...

I'm reviving this thread because I actually went to a restaurant featured in an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Jenn and I used to watch this show all the time, and when I learned that one of the (few) success stories was right around the corner, well....I had to.

(This is an old picture from a couple years ago, but it looks about the same)

image.png

Some of you might remember the episode about Pantaleone's, the so-called "Best pizza in Denver". If not, here's the episode, lol

ANYWAY.

Like I said, the pizzeria is only about 20 minutes from my house. They're currently only doing pick up and delivery (and it looks like they may have sold off the part of the restaurant that had the dine-in section. Anyway, I ordered a Pepperoni and Mushroom 12-inch pizza (it was a better online ordering experience than most places in this area, even) and headed on over.

And fuckin' PETE is sitting at a table sorting out bills or something when I walked in. It was really weird meeting this dude from a random Kitchen Nightmares episode. I told him that I'd wanted to try his pizza for years, and he just smiled and chuckled.

ANYWAY:

image.png

image.png

It's fucking amazing. Not the super greasy mess from the episode. Everything about this pizza is on point

If you're ever in the area, hit me up and we'll share a pie.

• Really Like 1
  • Wow! 1