Attack on Titan

The NZA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh*

i totally suspect you're right there...once they get into what her motive is (why'd she cry when she didn't keep yeager in the forest? etc), the only other big secret that comes to mind is of course the basement.

my concern right now is once that load is blown, a) im afraid theyll fall back on filler or worse b) the answer will be some illogical twist that i can't abide. Kertz assumes there's some bigger/long game reason for attacking the humans, i hope it's more than default anime motivations like SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST but with her in particular, she read ahead in the manga back when we were watching Death Note regularly & hit some twist where she just lost all interest in the series. i still don't know what went down exactly, been meaning to get back to it myself, but id be lying if i said that hasn't happened before with anime logic that banked too much on whatever-lies-beyond-suspension-of-belief, you know?

either way, here for this next saturday. now that ive been downloading the eps in HD, i can't go back - shit looks so good

With the reveal of Annie as the Female Titan, and suspicions cast on Marco, my biggest fear is that the threat beyond the walls will a cipher. The series has done a fantastic job with world building and setting up the tantalizing possibilities of the world beyond the wall. Part of me is hoping that Annie is part of a sort of 'sleeper cell' from whatever factions exist beyond the wall (this seems to be supported by the fleeting dream sequence at the start of episode 23, of Annie training in the forest), but if it turns out that there is no external threat, and the abnormal titans are merely a disgruntled faction from within the walls, I have to admit I'd be disappointed....

yeah, me too...one thing lingering (cause the show has referenced it at least twice) is the former cult/group/whatever that used to cannibalize, there's no way that was just tossed out there for the hell of it - given that we've established the titans eat for sport, and initiating becoming one so far means having a purpose + biting human flesh. i can't see this not being tied to them, again just waiting on motive i guess? with the way they keep showing the useless inner city of cowards, i wonder if they'll go in the direction of say batman begins' league of shadows

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

so, season 2 is still (eventually) coming, and i hear the live action focuses more on the horror aspect so i kinda wanna check it out...but some stuff finally went down in the manga, so i spoiled myself a bit

apparently they finally went down to the damn basement, and...there's books. but the books & photos apparently give evidence that humanity outside the walls is very much not wiped out, we don't know much more than that.

gotta say: if they pull a The Village & people far beyond are living in modern times, with just this pocket stuck in some hellish dark ages....mannnnnnnn

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...