Hondo's Bar

Never knew we had an animation blargh until my new thread was merged (all forum's blargh threads should be pinned.).

I've never watched Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but based on this I should start.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is there not an anime blargh! up in this place already? I went lookin' for one to post these vids b/c they don't necessarily fit into the Movies/TV blargh. Besides, that crowd is so damn cynical i

<div style="text-align:center;width:640px;"><a href=" Captain Planet with Don Cheadle from Don Cheadle title="from Don Cheadle, Gillian Jacobs, Brenda Song, Efren Ramirez, William Mosel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just caught Pokemon Origins.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not a big Poke-Freak - I've only played the original and it's remake for the GBA. I just love the original 150 - (in case y'all haven't noticed - I'm big on nostalgia and cartoons). I got Pokemon X / Y 'cuz not only does it have every Pokemon to date in the game - but for the first time, they're all rendered as fully-animated 3D models - instead of just simple sprites! (not counting Pokemon Stadium or Snap on N64) You can interact w/ 'em: play games w/ 'em, feed n' pet 'em - they're like virtual pets! Cool!

Had the game for a year now, but let it go (a year ago) after I beat it - I picked it up back up a month ago and decided to finish my original intent: catching the original 150. I really don't care 'bout catching the other...freakin' 600(!) Pokemon. I catch what I can - but I'm not on any mission to 'catch 'em all'. I finished catching the 150 OGs last night (minus the original 3 Legendary birds n' Mew - which Gamestop gave out (Mew) as a digital event a week before I picked it back up...fuuuuck...(Feb 2016)...fuuuuck...

So - doing a bit of research into catching the Legendary Pokemon and understanding all these new mechanics that have been implemented w/ all the sequels over the years - I discovered a movie had been made about a year ago called Pokemon Origins that is essentially the first game condensed into an hour n' a half.

Unlike the original cartoon series based on the first game, which is like 80 episodes - this is just 4, 20 minutes episodes. It follows the game much more closely, character design and a lot of the dialogue is lifted directly from the game. The 2nd episode is kinda 'yawn-inducing' but the 3rd n' 4th episodes really pick it back up.

Highly freakin' recommended to anyone who's got any love for the original. It felt like a Ghibli production. Bold words, yes - but it felt...like a very high-quality production.

Nintendo had it exclusively on their site, but it's since had a bluray release (only in Japan) and it's on iTunes n' Instant Amazon in the US. BUT, fortunately - all 4 episodes have been posted on youtube.

LOL - I know, right?! Those battles were brutal / intense! Kinda felt bad for those poor Pokemon - LOL. Gawl - I'd love to check out the whole piece in 1080p. There's quality art n' animation in there.

I got touched w/ Poke-Fever n' did a bit of research on 'Red'. I had my character in X / Y look like Ash - but after seeing that - I changed him up to look like Red. (You can customize your character)

In researching his 'look' - I learned that there's a 'Red vs Ash Ketchum' bug up the hardcore base's butt - pretty cool! Nerd-debate/rage...gotta love it.

Red has 2 looks - the original GB and his GBA 'update'. Looks like Nintendo stuck w/ his GBA version - that's what I ended up referencing.

1f60158ff83485191e2e2f4cd2c0aa83.jpg

tumblr_o5dzb5Bxbo1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5dylisgW61vndct2o1_540.jpg

pokemon_trainer.jpg

BopRa--IIAAHyie.jpg

The beef is real - LOL!

maxresdefault.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...