Hondo's Bar

Samus Vs Jango Fett

arc

who survives in the brawl metriod vs jango fett  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it hit me like a ton of bricks, metriod vs jango fett, wow man what a fight. so enjoy, make outragous claims, and above all vote when you've made a choice. but my money is on metriod cause that jango man he has got to throw most of his suit just to get away for obi which means to me that he's a pussywillow :angry:

Edited by Reverend Jax
To change 'Metroid' to 'Samus' in the title

My money's on Jango. He and Samus both have some pretty good gear but you just can't get much better than Mandalorian battle armor.

The Mandametal is the only known metallic substance that can resist the focused energy output of a weapon such as a lightsaber and is impervious to blaster fire. In addition, the metal is so dense that it actually can blunt a Force impression through it. No Jedi, Sith, or other Force user can project or receive thoughts through its mass.

The only way for samus to take jango down is either finding a seam or soft spot in the armor and stabbing, or bludgeoning him to submission or death.

...Not fookin likely. :D

Specially considering he was regarded as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy at the time, a proficient marksman and unarmed combatant, and covered in a concealed arsenal of weaponry, including retractable wrist blades, a snare, dual blaster pistols and a harnessed jetpack with an explosive rocket could be launched from it.

So even without the goodies stashed in that armor its a hell of an advantage. The only reason Obi-wan wasn't killed during that battle is that Jango was trying to leave not fight to the death. Had there been a contract out non him at the time jango would have put up a better fight and nailed him. It took Mace Windu (one of the most skilled jedi masters alive) to take him down on Geonosis, and only after Jango had already killed Several Jedi.

Again, hands down jango. Samus would put up an admirable fight but I just can't see her winning.

Good fuckin poll, artsy.

Jango? Please. He got his noggin lopped off by Sammy Jackson already.

Samus, her armor's damn near impenetrable, and she dont rely on silly rocket packs either. She's got freeze rays, variety of missles, all kinds of freaky gymnastic moves (she can roll into a ball and go invincible, for godsake) and has taken down colonies of life-sucking metroids - solo.

Now Boba, there'd be a fight.

I dunno, I think my money's on Samus, too. (and it's Samus, not Metroid! Metroids are the aliens she kills...'s a pet peeve of mine) You gotta remember, TD, they're both the top bounty hunters in their galaxy. Samus has much better moves than Jango. She can jump higher (which is much more accurate than Jango's jet pack). She can roll into a ball! Can Jango do that? I mean, how would Jango defend from a metallic ball rolling around him at high speeds before suddenly making a beeline for his ankles and knocking him to the ground? His dual blaster pistols are no match for that huge frickin' cannon Samus has on her arm. I've personally never heard that "Mandametal" is impervious to blaster fire, but even if that is true, Mace Windu found a pretty big gap in that armor - his neck! I'm sure Samus would quickly notice the same thing. As for Samus' armor, there is no gap! It covers her completely. The only way to get through it is to wear it down. And I've played enough metroid games to know that wearing down her armor takes a helluva lot more of an arsenal than Jango has. So, yeah, I say Samus alla way. Would be a damn good fight to watch, though.

Id go for Samus as well, im sorry but she just SO MUCH FIREPOWER. Sure Jango is immune to rays, but Samus can freeze Jango in his tracks, and then beat him to a pulp with concussion missiles. Eventually he'd die from being so rattled. Samus' armor, while inferior to Fett's, can still take enough damage to last the fight and have the cute chick come out on top.

dont htey allways... sigh :D

Bah, I'm still with Jango. Yeah, samus does have a few goodies I forgot about so it would be a good fight. But Jango can be down right dirty if need be, I can see him hopping on Slave 1 and getting a lil edge on Samus. Ship for Ship I think He'd have her beat, he's got alot more combat experiance in it.

So sad these people who can't accept reality (or...eer...the actually of the fantasy anyway). Boba died. For soem reason, he became hella popular, and somebody suggested to Lucas that they make it so he gets out so they could write those post ROTJ star wars book with him in them. Lucas, never saying no to money, OKed it. He was meant to die, fanboys demanded he come back because the way Lucas writes dialogue, the character that can't/don't talk are the ones that become the most popular (Darth Maul). If all the fanboys loved Emperor Palpatine as much as Boba Fett, Lucas wouldn't bring him back becaus ehis death was essential to the story, Boba's death wasn't.

Well I thought that the way they did present Boba's story was very believiable and fairly well done. I for one like all of the books relating to before and after the movies and jsut consider them additions to the Star wars saga. Then again i'm a fairly hardcorefan and hard to displease so I'm probably Biased. Happily biased but biased none the less.

i'm sorry Jack's Meandering Thoughts did you think that the story had any more meaning other than making money? did you think i was looking at it from another perspective? i wassn't, star wars is a whore it is ravaged and raped for money and it stands for nothing. so for what ever reason boba made it out of the whole does not concern me what does concern me is that he did make it out in one piece.

i'm not really a fan of star wars and it's mostly because of luc-ass. you see what luc-ass can do well and what i can respect is the character concepts or character creations he has made. he is a superstar when it comes to that but when it comes time to implament those very same characters within a story he fails terribly. i mean he did have boba fett fall in into a sand monster and maybe it was ment to be the last of him what kinda crap writing is that. what kind of a writer kills of his best characters (darth maul, jango & boba fett) and then turns his next line of cool characters (anakin, obi won) into pussys. i mean after all is said and done couldn't episode 1 and 2 have been better or at least as good as lord of the rings.

Those aren't cool characters. They're scenery, they're props, they're means to an end, hardly even characeters at all, let alone cool characeters. It's like saying Maggie is the coolest Simpsons character. Being dark and mysterious is no excuse for having no dimension or growth or character or personality.

Actually they even brought Palpatine back to life a couple times. Ok, all the added-on literature was there just to make some money. But whether it intended to or not, it did serve a slightly higher purpose. All those books and comics and short stories came in the time between ROTJ and EpI, when Star Wars fans could do nothing but sit there and wait for Lucas to get off his luc-ass and make another movie. We can all agree that Lucas no longer knows how to write good movies. But what he is still good at is creating an entire fantastic and attractive universe that fans want to learn more about. I don't see what's wrong with more stories that allow the fans to see more of that universe. Especially if there's a good writer at the helm.

if the books say he lived then the character lived there is no real hard prof that boba actually died. in fact that's why it was so easy for them to bring him back. the importance placed on a movie or a book is insignificant just as long as they don't apose one another it is when they are at odds that the fan must side with one or the other.

your problem with boba's survival is the idea that he died when he didn't. you belive that lucass should be in charge of bringing you the final story. think about it my friend if lucass would be in charge of the whole story he would run it right into the ground and when he would die that would be the end of star wars. aside from that those writers that work under lucass wouldn't be writing star wars books because there is no place for them there so they would write books on a very similer subject matter, and of course right off the bat you would think thet they would get sued for such a copy but in truth no they could make a story so dangerously close without it ever being a direct copy. a writer could create a star wars book that would beat out star wars and the fans would for the most part love both or go to the better one. so you sould be happy that these writers are working for lucass rather than aginst him. :D

See, I always kinda thought Obi's cool, especially in the new ones 'casue its Ewan McGregor. But I thought that was the trick - if you cant write dialogue very well, keep your cooler characters in enigmatic cameos.

People went nuts over Bobba largely 'casue of that i figure, and Maul was just cool 'casue he talked with his weapons. Then again, if youve ever heard Ray Park talk (think: Toad in X-Men) youd want his ass silent too.

Does anyone remember the cool beam you get at the very end of Super Metroid, when all Samus' weapons combine? I bet you that could shoot through Jango's ship and take his head right off. It cant be that hard. Shaft did it.

• 2 years later...

...and on that note, almost 3 years ago, all the fanboys were so humbled by my insights, its like the thread lcoked itself.

This was a fun one, though. Its hard to pit a cool character who got killed in the movie of his first appearence vs a franchise character who prolly carries more munitions than Solid Snake, and that's saying a lot.

i'm not sure if anyone has said this already but boba was not eatten by the sand monster he actualy makes it out live and in one piece off camera

Arc is right you know. If you follow the Star Wars novels, Boba makes a reappearance in several of them. When they ask how he got out of the Sarlacc's mouth, he merely said that it found him to be "somewhat indigestible" (must've been the armor).

As for my vote (albeit 3 years late), my money is on Samus. She has way more better gear to protect herself than just the armor. She can jump in the air and use the screw attack to make her invisible. She can roll into a ball and dodge all of Jango's attacks, oh and finally she has a freeze ray that can stop Jango Fett cold (no pun intended).

Silent Bob did bring up a good question though. The 'Metroid' choice, did Arc mean Samus, or did he mean the Metroids themselves? If the battle is between Jango and the Metroid itself, then that could be a close battle, since the only way you can destroy a Metroid is to freeze it and then slam it with several missiles. To my knowledge, Jango doesn't have a freeze ray in his arsenal, so he could have a tough time with thise annoying creatures as it is.

Stay tuned to the next exciting episode! :bananaman:

I ave a huge problem with calling Samus a metroid as I am a huge Metroid fan... Jango Fett is gansta straight up but Samus has some rediculous endurance as she ventures through planets in a matter of hours as if theyre her own backyard. If she were real I'd f*kin be her biatch fo sho :bananaman:

• 3 years later...
Silent Bob did bring up a good question though. The 'Metroid' choice, did Arc mean Samus, or did he mean the Metroids themselves? If the battle is between Jango and the Metroid itself, then that could be a close battle, since the only way you can destroy a Metroid is to freeze it and then slam it with several missiles. To my knowledge, Jango doesn't have a freeze ray in his arsenal, so he could have a tough time with thise annoying creatures as it is.

Recall that in continuity, Samus more or less currently IS a Metroid.

Honestly though, Samus could tear through Jango Fett, Iron Man, Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, and Megaman and still have time to stop by the cantina and party like it's 2999 with River Tam and Seven of Nine all night.

Edited by Iambaytor