Hondo's Bar

Jango Versus Boba

arc

jango versus boba  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think i'm miss spelling boba but you should be well armed in figureing it out. fights don't get much closer than this. if i were to bet it would more than likely be on boba simply because he lived a longer life than jango which means he got better over time.

First of all, Boba was an exact clone of Jango, not an altered clone like the clone troopers. And Boba, and since his growth speed wasn't altered, he was about nine or ten years old in Epi 2 (does that sound right to everyone?), and dies in Epi6, when eaten by a hole in the hole, right before Vader (Anakin) dies (same episode). Since Anakin was 19 in Epi2, Boba was nine or ten years younger than old man vader when he died. I don't think they make it clear how old Jango is when he dies, but he didn't look to old. I think Boba did live longer. So I guess this is a fight against each other when they are the same age as each other then? Sounds like an even match to me.Either one could win, and to the victor it would be luck that won them that battle.

I gave my vote to Boba because his father was teaching him all his tactics to prepare him for the day he would take over, so boba knows most of his tricks. And also Boba was a very hardcore bounty hunter, much more so than his father. The boy was ruthless in hunting his prey and learned a wealth of skills his father never had. it would be a close fight, and a very good one, but Boba would take the day.

Yeah, actually, if you believe any of the post-movies literature, Boba survived the Sarlacc and returned to bounty hunting. Was a really good short story about that in their "Bounty Hunters" collection. There is one thing you have to take into account, though. Boba was good, but most of his skills we've only learned through reputation - and I'm sure reputation can get pretty distorted in a galaxy far far away. Boba himself wasn't that impressive in the movies. He barely moved (unlike the amazingly athletic Jango) and his blaster accuracy wasn't nearly as good as Jango's, who could hit a charging whatever-it-was right between the eyes without flinching. It was later discovered that many of the early clones developed problems with breakdowns. The cloned Jedi master into Timothy Zahn's book trilogy went downright insane. It might be possible for a clone's physical edge to break down in time, as well. So perhaps Boba wasn't as physically fit as his father (he sure didn't seem to be). That would cause him to have to find other tactics of bounty hunting, perhaps even more creative and efficient ways, which still bumped him up to #1 status. But in an out-and-out no tactics, no ships fight? I dunno, I'm not sure if I would just hand it to Boba.

Boba was trained by Jango at a young age, Jango was just a street rat at Boba's age. Of course Boba wld kick Jango's ass at an even age fight. If both fought at their prime, Boba would win again due to his older and wiser pinnacle.

Of course starwars is for the fanboys.. its a kid's series. Of course the books are relevant, this isnt a "serious" drama where the author's view isnt to be messed with. Lucas authorizes these books and agrees with the expansions. ITs grown beyond him and is now the brainchild of fanboys and authors alike. So Boba survived the sand worm, big deal. cheer him on and have the story build even more...

PS. anyone have any idea if leia had kids after the twins?

Yeah, actually, she did. In one of the Dark Empire comic series, I believe. His name is Anakin. I actually like some of the post-movie literature, myself. Though as I recall, a lot of it was pretty bad. But did anyone else read the first Timothy Zahn series? Heir to an Empire, I believe it was called. Or something... The one with the great Admiral Thrawn in it. That was a wonderful series. And (forgive the expression) lightyears ahead of anything you'd find in the movie series, these days.

Right Silent Bob. Jacin and Jaina were the twins and Anakin was her third child. All of whom attend the Jedi academy on Yavin IV. I've read about all the books from "Courtship of Princess Leia" (those hapans have some nice ships!) until the New jedi order books started coming out and I'm missing some of the Xwing series. Just kinda ran outta cash and time after moving to TX. Also have a few SW comics (dark empire was pretty good) and alot of the technical manuals and misc books including the D&D style SW roleplaying books.

I'm slowly but surely expanding until I get'em all. I love the SW universe, the tech, everything. Not everybody shares my enthusiasm but I just can't get enough of it. I'm a hardcore fan to the bone.

:D