Hondo's Bar

Silent Hills & P.T. (fucKonami)

The NZA

P.T. remains about the best next-gen experience ive had so far, and it was a mere demo (though the endgame loop is still bullshit, haha) - i had concerns after the casting reveal of boondock saint daryl, but based on this, i'm really hoping we see at least sections of the game in first person mode....P.T. blended the ghost house of SH3 & the better concepts of 4 really well for me there.

• 7 months later...

2015-04-2615_28_41-tv0frf6.png

It's important to note del Toro was speaking only on collaborating with Kojima, not whether or not the game has been cancelled. "You'll have to go after Konami for those answers," our source said.

...the dream is lookin dead, brehs. seriously fucking sucks.

related: PT will be delisted from PSN in a matter of days. if you don't have a PS4 but fancy getting one at some point, be sure to login to the playstation store online and add grab it, that way you can at least access/download it at some point. it's gone soon.

Fuckitall.

Hopefully this creates some inspiration for a like-minded developer to pull a Mighty No. 9 or Project Ukulele and just do Silent Hill with a different name. This sucks.

Edit: reading more about it, and it's probably wishful thinking, but apparently Del Toro was saying "It's not gonna happen" to the fact that he and Kojima are no longer working together on the project. It's a shitty alternative, but still more hopeful than a cancellation.

Not much more but y'know

Edited by Axels
speling was of

• 2 weeks later...

god, i kinda hope that japanese gambling bill gets at least delayed/put off again just to fuck with their venture. you saw how they couldn't even take down that YT video right? still no statements of any kind either, i'm in awe of how shitty their exist has been.

• 4 months later...

it's really distinct, and like space says, kinda sticks with you. such a horrible waste that this was what we lost when konami fell apart.

seriously, this year we've seen revivals of Shenmue, Nier, Last Guardian, FF VII, Mega Man Legends and so much else that this being left out is truly heartbreaking.

• 3 weeks later...

Interview where Del Toro touches a bit on it.

It was curious.

We had a great experience and had great story sessions with hundreds upon hundreds of designs. Some of the stuff that we were designing for Silent Hills I’ve seen in games that came after, like The Last of Us, which makes me think we were not wrong, we were going in the right direction.

The thing with Kojima and Silent Hills is that I thought we would do a really remarkable game and really go for the jugular.

We were hoping to actually create some sort of panic with some of the devices we were talking about and it is really a shame that it’s not happening. When you ask about how things operate, that makes no fucking sense at all that that game is not happening.

Makes no fucking sense at all.

Edited by Axels

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

P.T. has been datamined (hidden enemies revealed)

Xentax forums user luxox18 (who had also cracked previous games in the past, including Naughty Dogs games on PS3) has managed to finally break into a PS4 game, the game in question of course being P.T.

This has given access to all the games files, including models, textures and sound. So beyond giving access to the likes of Lisa, Norman's model, the Fetus and of course the Hallway, we also have gotten a look at a few models that weren't actually in the game (to us, anyways). Users over on the Facepunch forums are currently compiling the models and porting them over to Source, and others have already moded them into MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

k4bInLZ.png

yyj75nc.png

KuL5nil.gif

All things considered, P.T if nothing else gave us one hell of a legacy. In a lot of ways it's reshaped the way horror games are approached now, and it's also revitalized true horror games. Just look at the new RE or Allison Road or any of the other games we have in the pipeline. People played and loved P.T and I think we're going to be feeling it's impact for years to come.

...strange to think that the one Kojima game that might inspire future game developers the most is a game that never truly got released.

• 2 years later...

reddit - PT remade in Unreal, playable & in VR too

Download Link

About the Making of Unreal PT
Unreal PT was under constant development over the course of 10 months, starting in April 2018 and ending in January 2019. Textures, models, animations, gameplay, and code have been recreated from scratch (more details on this in the development logs).
Specs/Technical

Minimum Tested Specs: 
CPU: i3-7100U 7th Generation with Intel HD 620
GPU: Integrated
RAM: 8GB DDR4
HQ SSR Turned off and resolution at 35% gets ~30fps with these specs