Hondo's Bar

Lord Of The Rings Vs Star Wars

arc

lord of the rings vs star wars  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this strated up in my head a min ago but i want to know was lord of the rings just a better movie or could the charcters of lord of the rings beat the crap out of the star wars characters if they were all forced to fight on a fair battle ground. by fair battle ground i mean that the weapons will be equally distributed among the characters as well as the knowledge on how to use the weapon. for example frodo will use for this fight a small light saber rather the the stinger and he will have as much knowledge on the light saber as he has on the stinger :angry:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do u know how many hobbits yoda wld kill... no man it wld be way too unfair. any monkey can use space age technology... but magic is only for selected few. the SW crew are used to their stuff, give them to hobbits and they ll cut their feet off.

i wld like to see Darth Sideous vs. Saruman

oh wld the sparks fly on that fight.

Star wars, pre-anakin goign postal, has more jedis than LOTR has wizards. With that mismatch, nothing else really matters. Once the wizards are all taken out, maybe taking a few jedi down with them, the jedi would destroy everyone else. Post-postal anakin leaves only old obiwan, old yoda, and wet behind the ears farmboy luke. In that case...a galaxy far far away doesn't stand a chance.

All well and good but you can't just teach a medeival culture how to use technology thats a couple of thousand years ahead of them. The Ewoks only won their battle on endor with help from the rebels and the fact that it was a small outpost without reinforcements, even then they took staggering casualties.

LOTR & SW are both phenominal movies, easily ranking first for medival fantasy and sci-fi but If i had to choose SW takes my bet. They take down the LOTR army in a spectacular battle and for better Movie.

Fanboy faithful to the last... :D

i'm not saying that you would get a midevil culture and then teach them how to use modern weapons all within some sort of crash course. no no no folks what i'm saying as far as technology goes is that these midevil characters have the same amount of exposure to a lightsaber as they have had to a sword. do you follow? this means that the gun is nothing new to legolas it is as old as the bow and arrow are to him in the movie. so i all of these characters belong to the same time line who would fall? :angry:

SB read what i'm saying again. its simple but here's another example no light sabers instead everyone has got a sword. no lazers instead everyone has bow and arrows. example solo will use a bow and arrow not a lazer. they will not be the same charaters because they are not the same characters. strider will not be learning the force, niether will gandulf, and on the same token yoda will not know witch craft or magic spells.

all i'm saying is that as far as the technology goes they will all be put on the same plane. :D

if there is still confusion then ask a question don't just put it down or turn it into something it's not which would then get people confused about the fight.

does anyone else understand what i'm saying? :D

Alright but then that gives advantage to middle earth, han would get turned into a pincusion by Legolas and Gimli, Boromir and Aragorn would cut a swath through the mass of starwarsians until they hit a jedi who at least knows swordwork but their used to just the weight of the saberhilt so their going to fight like crap.

No, no, no... the fair way to do this is an all out NO WEAPONS Brawl. Mano a mano, pure unarmed Melee combat. That would make for an interesting fight, not even sure that I could pick out a winner for that one, even numberwise they'd be evenly matched. That would be a good Brawl!

you know what screw this topic. i'm sure someone out there understands exactly what i'm saying but even so no one in here does. i hope and pray that that you guys are just messing with me because after all the examples that i've given you, you should be able to understand the question? but even still i'll say it's my fault for not wording it right. but honestly you guys don't understand me when all i'm saying is that these characters would co exsist in the same world, and they would be limited to the technology of that world for this fight. the jedi would not be thrown off by the broad sword cause that's all they ever would have trained with in their entire life. the fact that they live in the same time does not make the same character.

if you give the jedi a lazer or a light saber they would kill everyone in lord of the rings. one jedi might be able to take out about half the cast. is it because they are better skilled fighters or is it because they have lightsabers and lazers. i say it's because they have light sabers and lazer and not because they are great fighters. but now imagine if the fight was fair and the lightsaber could only cause as much damage as a midevil broad sword could dish out. and imagine if a lazer would only hurt as much as an arrow. then i would say that the jedi and the whole star wars cast is as good as dead because they are not warriors.

Ah, so its skill or technique in the battle, not technology since, yeah that would be retarded.

Well...SW has many characters who'd get wiped out quickly, but they had their share of good fighters too: Obi Wan, Maul, Vader etc.

But then you might have a point: (havent seen part 2 yet sadly) but most of the Lord of the Rings cast seems like warriors.

I didnt read this whole thing: were just talking core cast, right? Are demons and stormtroopers involved too? Maybe we should name the fighters involved. Id like to see Stridor fight Obi-Wan.

yes the stormtroopers are fighting the orcs, but there are single one on one battles. the vote is for the over all if everyone would fight all at once but you are very much welcomed to single out fights i you would like.