Hondo's Bar

Lord Of The Rings Vs Star Wars

arc

lord of the rings vs star wars  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sure, if you can explain to me how the big eye can stand up against an enormous space station of tremendous power (as well as a couple of hundred giant-sized destroyers).

Sauron's a lich. The ring is his phylactory. It can't be destroyed except in the fires of Mount Doom. Sauron can't be destroyed unless his phylactory is destroyed. Sauron wins.

Sauron's a lich. The ring is his phylactory. It can't be destroyed except in the fires of Mount Doom. Sauron can't be destroyed unless his phylactory is destroyed. Sauron wins.

...But the Death Star can destroy planets.

If the Death Star blew up Middle Earth, everyone-- hobbits, orcs, elves, and all-- is fucked.

Even if Sauron somehow survived, he'd be alone with his dick out drifting in space.

I think alot of this debate has to do with the generation you were raised in. You don't have to guess which side I voted for, but its hard for anything to beat something I grew up with and have been enjoying my entire life.

I will admit I really like the lotr movies, I've always been a fan of fantasy in general, and they were very well made. I've always hated that hollywood has this pretend film length cap that you have to meet because audiences attention spans arn't large enough, but then films like this come out and prove that isn't the case.