Hondo's Bar

Origin Stories (for you or not?)

I want it, but I'm not sure even Marvel is willing to reach that deep into the bag of tricks. Maybe if this whole Defenders thing works out he can be a hero for round 2. But they're going ahead with Daredevil and probably Black Panther as well so I'm afraid Moon Knight will be seen as "too similar" to those two.

Edited by Iambaytor

Agree w/ Bindee that Twilight-ish Blackheart was one of the biggest disappointments of the first GR film for me. Also...

I know him from this little diddy I picked up when I was a kid.

[HEARTS OF DARKNESS]

I vividly remember seeing this cover for the first time as a kid. I wanna say this was pre-Wizard (which was so expensive that I didn't get it every month anyway) so it came as a total surprise to see three of my favorite characters at that time all in one book. I never cared for JRJR's rendition of Ghost Rider though. Mark Texeira is still my favorite when it comes to GR art.

Blackheart is a weenis. Movie Blackheart is easily the most interesting the character has ever been. If you were talking Mephisto, Dormammu, or really any other Ghost Rider villain I'd see your point, but there's a reason Blackheart has been virtually unseen for the last two decades.

I will agree with Baytor, that Blackheart is a fairly under utilized character who is often written poorly. He had a strong showing in heart of darkness, which I still pull out of my longbox and read every once in a while, but outside of that he's mostly shown as this child of Mephisto who...well acts like a child. He's one of those characters, like Havok, that I just kinda root for the right writer to pickup and do something amazing with someday.

There's potential in the character but he's really just Mephisto's Daimon Hellstrom and the one moment I'm aware of that he's put in an appearance since the 90s (in the Flash Thompson Venom series) it was still as a petulant child, just one who took over Las Vegas and wrecked shit up. I've got Hearts of Darkness downloading right now, I was under the impression that all the Punisher/Wolverine/Ghost Rider books were shit.

Edited by Iambaytor