Hondo's Bar

Daredevil (Netflix)

Thats what I thought too. Season 2 seems inevitable, but i too thought it was leading up to Defenders.

Regarding the "Marvelous" stuff

when Madam Gau or whoever palmed Matt in the chest and kept saying stuff about her homeland and how its further away than china leads me to believe she isnt human or some shit. Theres something building up there.

^it seriously is. and some of ya'll should click my easter egg spoilers link too.

COUNTERS TO BAYTOR

-i fucks with the suit, its not perfect but better than the movie. melvin did say it wasn't finished yet too

- yeah, i expect the first 3 to stay grounded, i imagine we're gonna ease into the more mystical stuff by Iron Fist. i was okay with it, made it more gritty here and there's not too much more mysticism in early DD that i felt was left out, honestly

- we're not so different, you & i

and panch, im pretty sure it's bee said that we're getting all 4 shows, the team-up defenders one, and that's all we know so far. given DD's success, i have strong hopes for a season 2, but if we see it before these intro ones tie up next year i'd be surprised, honestly...overjoyed, but surprised

Season 2 confirmed!

With the first season of "Marvel's Daredevil" proving a smash success with both audiences and critics, Netflix and Marvel will continue to create further adventures of the Man Without Fear! Doug Petrie ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "American Horror Story") and Marco Ramirez ("Sons of Anarchy"), who worked closely with Executive Producers Steven S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard during the first season, will serve as showrunners for Season 2. Petrie, Ramirez, Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods"), and Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") will serve as Executive Producers of Season 2.

“While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season," DeKnight explains, "I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch. They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can't wait to see what they do with the show moving forward."

• Upvote 2

pbCw2kt.gif

shit yes

yeah hopefully the shifting around of names doesn't affect the quality much, rewatching the series already cause fuck is it great. i was nervous when i saw american horror story up there but it sounds solid, literally cannot wait

shit, you're right - crossed my streams. still an awesome scene though!

i'm still kinda okay with the costume but it needs work, the stuff around his eyes seems busy, and while he totally needs kevlar, Matt's style requires a lot of agility/in & out and that looks to impede movement to me

Rosario Dawson Signs Deal With Marvel And Netflix To Star In DAREDEVIL Season Two And More

120292.jpg

Many fans were disappointed that Rosario Dawson ended up playing such a small role in Daredevil, but the actress has now inked a new deal with Marvel and Netflix to return in that show's second season and a number of others. Where will we see her next? Hit the jump for further details...

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 5/8/2015

554ce9e771d8e.jpg

Marvel and Netflix have announced today that Rosario Dawson (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Trance) will reprise her role as Claire Temple in the second season of Daredevil, coming in 2016, as part of a larger exclusive TV deal that will also allow her to appear in any of Marvel’s other Netflix original series. Romantically entangled with The Man Without Fear Matt Murdock in the series’ first season, Claire helped the hero after more than a few of his brutal battles in the streets of Hell’s Kitchen.

As you may already know, Claire Templeis a character with ties to many of the Defenders heroes in the comics, and was a love interest for Luke Cage, so this deal makes sense. "After working with Rosario in the first season, we knew instantly that we had to have her back for our second," said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb in a statement today. "Claire Temple proved a fan favorite in Season 1, and we can’t wait for fans to see all the plans we have for her next."

Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones comes only to Netflix later this year and Marvel's Luke Cagepremieres on the streaming service in 2016. Future series exclusively debuting on Netflix include Marvel’s Iron Fist and Marvel’s Defenders, a mini-series event uniting key characters from the previous series.

• 2 weeks later...
Marvel put up an article about the design of the costume. Ryan Meinerding designed it, which I'm kind of shocked to learn since it didn't translate that well into live action like his other costumes do (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Widow, etc). The concept art is way better than the final real world suit.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24632/ryan...devils_costume

555a8172ce563.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the series and the last battle and that last scene were great. I don't like the news rumors I'm reading on the Internet though of Team MCU and Team MTVU squabbiling. They need to get this shit worked out because Dr. Strange better show up in the Defenders miniseries. Hulk would be nice, but you gots to have strange.

Anyway, my other thoughts on DD Season 1 are below...

What I liked:

* Kudos to Netflix and Marvel for telling one giant, 13 episode origin story. By the end of the 13th episode when Fisk has finally revealed himself as Kingpin and Matt is officially Daredevil. It makes me think back to how Christopher Nolan and how he did the same thing in a more condensed film back in the day with Batman Begins, which this series clearly drew lots of inspiration from.But back to DD, The Stick episode was probably my favorite all around episode. Wilson Fisk's "origin" episode with his dad was a close second. But more Stick next season!

* Really liked D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk. And I loved how the show rolled out his character.

* Matt's fight with Nobu. We're agreeing he's Hand, right?

* Using language to help emphasize the cultural diversity of NYC was great.

* RIP Ben Urich. I really liked the performance of the actor.

* Fanboy Easter eggs and hints galore! The "Greek Girl" Matt fell for in college. All that stuff from ASC's post earlier. Glad I wasn't the only one thinking the unseen sniper was Bullseye.

*The Iron Fist references/clues/set ups were fantastic. I'm excited for this series and wish we had that coming next instead of JJ & LC, but my guess is all the Iron Fist stuff will lead directly in to The Defenders miniseries.

*ILooking forward to S2 coming through on the hints of more characters like Bullseye, Elektra, and the Owl (I'm assuming it'll be Leland's son).

What I didn't like:

* There were a lot of great scenes, but it definitely had its share of flaws as a series. I agree with most of Baytor's gripes a page or two back--especially the one about "convenient elderly woman" memory loss."

*Another gripe is I would've liked to have seen more "world on fire" POV shots. Not revealing it until a few episodes in indeed made it an impactful moment; it was a good character moment as he bonded with Night Nurse Claire. However, throwing it in once or twice after that would've been great. For example, it would've fit perfectly when he was following the blind drug mule back to warehouse with Madam Chao/(Crane Mother?).

* The camera zooming in on Matt as he uses his DD hearing gets played out. See above for the fix for that.

* And my biggest two gripes would be...

I'm not breaking any new ground here, but as far as I'm concerned this is, hands down, the most crying in anything Marvel has ever done.

The weak point to for me was the lack of nudity for Claire & Karen's characters.

Edited for accuracy.

And quick question, this Betsy the suit maker keeps referring to, is she someone from the DD comics? Ditto for Vanessa--I'm guessing she wasn't just a creation for the show but I can't recall any storyline I read in the comics where Fisk was so devoted to a woman. Then again, it's been too long since I've read any DD comics.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Who da fuh is Betsy?

they're almost all from the comics - Betsy is the social worker that gets melvin to straighten up & stop being the Gladiator. Wesley is indeed Kingpin's right-hand man for a while. Vanessa was a huge part of both Miller & Bendis' runs, both of which should honestly be required reading for this series.

they underplayed his "world on fire" sight thing vs overplaying the sonar shit in the affleck film, and i thought it was stronger for it overall. the best origin (for me) was the stick episode, i really don't get why so many online thought it was out of place - it was the highlight of Man Without Fear, and it was honestly done better here than Miller's clear attempt at a Year One take on DD after the fact, i thought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...