Hondo's Bar

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Boogie

j6jxqw.jpg

The story of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure centers around the misadventures of the Joestars, a powerful family with English roots. The series spans several generations, with each part featuring a descendant of the Joestars as the main protagonist along with a large cast of characters. Parts 1 to 6 occur in the same timeline while parts 7 and 8 take place in a separate, alternate universe.

The series' title is a reference to the fact that each part's main character's name can be read as JoJo, a nickname derived by putting together the letters "J" and "O" from their first and last names.

Anyone else watching this or I am the only one here? Anyway, we started watching Jojo in the anime and manga club I’m going and we saw in one day parts 1: Phantom Blood, and part 2: Battle Tendency. Now, next month we are going to start with part 3: Stardust Crusaders.

How can an anime so manly and with so many muscles and battles have so much glitter and bishonen scenes??

Anyway, I’m loving it. Anyone else?

I'm a big fan of the Stardust Crusaders arc in particular, having watched the OAV series back in the mid-90s, and then the DC game in the early 00s. I still recommend that series. Just re-watched it recently and it still holds up, but full of spoilers if you are following along in the TV adaptation (which is covering the same material in 52 episodes versus only 13 for the OAV). When I heard the TV show was finally reaching Stardust, I got excited and watched Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, both of which I really enjoyed. I was watching the third arc week to week up until episode 9, took a break/got distracted with other stuff, and I just started back up a couple of days ago. I'm on episode 14 of the planned 52 (the shows on hiatus now, after 24 episodes). The animation does dip a bit in quality from episode to episode, as often happens in long running TV shows, but a friend has told me it kicks back up when they get to the meaty stuff later!

I want to get the manga volumes before watching the anime of Stardust Crusaders. Is a silly thing I know, but i prefer to read it first and then watch it and compare it. Im really anxious for the release of Jojo's part 1 and 2 next year by Viz.

In case anyone is wandering about the title of this anime I give you: The Squirrel Scence.

• 2 years later...