Hondo's Bar

Captain America: Civil War

Keth

..."Super Hero Movie Perfection"? Jeez - Civil War really struck a cord w/ someone. I'd say Raimi's Spider-man 2 is closer to super hero movie perfection. (shrugs) . . .

Damn, you forget about Spidey 2 wth Doc Ock. That was (technically) four Spidey films ago. But that was the gold-star standard back in the day. I'm Batman biased, so Nolan's The Dark Knight is currently top of my list.

• 1 month later...

Also, why would you buy a movie you hated? whyyyyyyy?

No-no-no-no! LOL - I don't hate it! Great eye-candy! All the heroes on-screen together? Fanboy's wet-dream! Spidey! Just frustratingly...illogical. Couldn't get into it in the theater - gave it multiple viewings since on blu...one w/ commentary. It's just...don't make no sense. Things happening / decisions made just 'cuz the plot needs it to...the movie needs everyone to fight - 'cuz the audience came to see all dem heroes punch. (shrugs) The movie seriously became worse the closer I looked at it - LOL! (shrugs) Huge missed opportunity, in my opinion. Just disappointing. It is the next big chapter in the MCU mythos. Big comic / film event...gotta have it.

That would've been cool if her character tried to make some political splashes against street-level 'supers'...or maybe even come around and make some form of 'official endorsement' of supers saving people without a government contract.

Is this the first actor / actress playing dual roles in the MCU? Are we there already?

Edited by alive she cried
Moved post from Luke Cage thread

I got a $10 off coupon for ANY store purchase from Target in the mail last week, so I scooped up Civil War on BR with it. I'm watching it now for the first time since seeing it in the theater, and I side a bit more with Cap and his POV on the Sokovia Accords on a second viewing, but I'm still Ultimately wiith Tony and #TeamStank in the end. I mean, Wanda alone needs regulation.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
talmbout teamstank