Hondo's Bar

Star Citizen

Visitant

Star Citizen is an upcoming space trading and combat simulator video game for Microsoft Windows and Linux.[4][6] Star Citizen will consist of two main components: first-person space combat and trading with first-person shooter elements in a massively multiplayer persistent universe and customizable private servers,[7][8] and a branching single-player and drop-in co-operative multiplayer campaign (titled Squadron 42).[6] The game is built on a modified CryEngine and will feature Oculus Rift support.[3][9]Both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are set in a 30th-century Milky Way centered on the fictional UEE (United Empire of Earth), an analogue of the late Roman Empire. A central theme of the game is citizenship (or lack thereof) in the UEE, which must be earned through player actions such as completing a period of military service. It is anticipated that citizens will enjoy certain in-game benefits, like paying a reduced tax rate, but the exact details are yet to be determined.[6][10][11]A strong focus will be placed on player interaction, with player behavior influencing and being influenced by a dynamic economy system.[12]Star Citizen is currently being developed by Chris Roberts' studio Cloud Imperium Games.[13] Roberts' previous works include games such as Wing Commander, Wing Commander: Privateer, Starlancer andFreelancer.[7][14]

I talked about this game on the show some a few weeks back but I decided to try out the $40 beginners package. It's still in alpha and I was not willing to drop more on it yet since I did get so burned by MWO. Still, there's some great cash (currently $61 million crowdfunded) behind it so it has the potential to be pretty fantastic. I'll have more when I get the 20G game installed.

Star-Citizen.jpg

Javelin_REV2_RearView_Hobbins.jpg