Hondo's Bar

Vudu Digital Movie Sharing

[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 11:13 PM, Axels said:

Added up Alien: Covenant and Spider-Man: Homecoming

+1 for the special features on those two films alone!

Also, someone added Fantastic Beasts, which is another film I've been dying to see the special features for! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 2:02 AM, Mr. Hakujin said:

Added Disney's Snow White.

Luckily the special features from the BluRay carried over to Vudu. There's some good stuff on Disney history in there, if that's your bag. Lookin' at you, Nemo.

YES!  Snow White on blu is essential.  Of all the animated flicks Walt worked on - I'm only missing Bambi...(not for long)

The special features are...just...invaluable if you're into animation history.  Interviews, rarities, peeks into the vault...extremely comprehensive.  Think I tried sharing my Disney collection awhile's back - guessing it's possible now!  How'd you do it?

On 11/23/2017 at 9:34 AM, Little Nemo McFly said:

YES!  Snow White on blu is essential.  Of all the animated flicks Walt worked on - I'm only missing Bambi...(not for long)

The special features are...just...invaluable if you're into animation history.  Interviews, rarities, peeks into the vault...extremely comprehensive.  Think I tried sharing my Disney collection awhile's back - guessing it's possible now!  How'd you do it?

I plugged in the digital code to the Hondo’s Vudu account. I actually got that BR for free by using Disney reward points that I didn’t even know I had. I got an email saying the points would be expiring soon, so I cashed them in for a free Blu-ray. Noice! 

Sweet...man, I regret never getting onboard that Reward Point, thingie...w/ all the Disney / Pixar / Marvel flicks I've thrown money at.  I've kept all the pamphlets n' such, gonna sort through all that in a bit n' see wuddup.

I remember there being a thing about linking a Disney Account w/ Vudu - I may have skimmed this info awhile back, remembering - I think Axels - covering a change in that protocol...

If not tonite, tmorrow I'll gladly add whatever I gotz to the Hondo library (Disney / Pixar / Marvel)

C2fryp7XAAAzquN.jpg

(Next, I gotta figure out how to access it - LOL, every attempt I try to watch stuff, buffering gets outta hand n' it tells me to 'try again tomorrow')

Yeah, the old Disney digital system becomes defunct soon, like this week. I tried pairing my Disney account with the HonodShare Vudu account last week before it expired, but it wouldn't work. I think maybe it's because two different email addresses were associated w/ the accounts. I think it was 15 or so films, but I know some of those overlapped with what's already on the Hondo's account.  Ah well, this is why I still buy a physical copy of movies I really like. :/

Speaking of which, I picked up Baby Driver, 007: Spectre, GotG2, Wonder Woman, and Moana on Black Friday. I'll try and add those codes soon. I was hoping Dr. Strange would go on sale, but no such luck. :(

Haj, "merging" movies from two accounts doesn't work.  That would be the ideal solution for 2 accounts with a sizable collection.

Here's how i understand how vudu share works:
- vudu account 1, which is the main account shares with account 2, a sub account.
- no existing movies from account 2 can be accessed from account 1
- once shared, any movie account 2 acquires, the digital rights go to account 1
- account 2 can access all account 1's movies, except for disney (here's where it gets technical... if accounts are unshared, any movie, Disney or not, redeemed from account 2 can be accessed by account 2, but only under vudu's service; the movie stays with account 1 indefinitely because account 1 has the digital rights)

I have read on other forums that vudu is closing the "share" function for new shares.  Don't know how true this is.

There probably are some devices that are dormant.  I believe that we should purge the current linked devices to main account and have people resign in so that people that want to watch on their device can.  Also, I have shared accounts (which is how i am adding multiple titles) that I can share the login to, however, if anyone uses them, do note: disney titles won't show up.
Edited by spiffytee
  • Thanks 1

added:

birdman
rent
rise planet apes
life of pi
cinema paradiso
training day
seven
rush
shooter
end of watch

suggest devices get cleared out of main account if not done already and if there's no one saying otherwise

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Haku, you are in for a treat.  It's a great flick to anyone that like themes like cinema and lost love.  The theme is also pretty famous.

Since no one really said anything i'll clean out the devices next time i log in....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2018 at 7:13 PM, Axels said:

Grab your tissues, cause I just added Coco.

Yusss! I was bummed I never got around to seeing this in the theater, and din't know it was already on home video. Cheers!

...so how does this work, if i wanted to watch something would i be taking up a slot?  is this for downloading or streaming, help i'm still using vuze to torrent things in 2k18

Streaming. Its on your ps4. If you cant get in lemme know, I can delete devices and you can take that place. OR, create your own account and we can share it via the email its attached to. Give it a shot and let us know if you can get in!

Hey guys, I was wondering who had their Movies Anywhere account linked up to this Vudu? I don't want to unlink it because I don't know whose it is and what we'll lose, but I was wanting to use my Amazon to buy new stuff digitally (really wanting to buy Thor Raganarok), and share it via Movies Anywhere. Not that I don't trust y'all, but I don't feel comfortable keeping my current card info on Vudu for anyone to use. Anyway, if someone else is linked that's cool. Just making sure I don't have a ghose account connected somehow.