Hondo's Bar

Black Mirror

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that, while late to the party, I'm currently balls deep into a pig into this show now.

I'm one episode into the second season and can't get enough of it.

Oh, and I'm very upset with every single one of you for not calling me personally and telling me to watch this asap (this thread doesn't count).

Just wanted to let everyone know that, while late to the party, I'm currently balls deep into a pig into this show now.

I'm one episode into the second season and can't get enough of it.

Oh, and I'm very upset with every single one of you for not calling me personally and telling me to watch this asap (this thread doesn't count).

I don't have your number. Although to be fair, I would have just called and breathed heavily into the phone

Season 2, episode 2.

Cheers. Although once I actually logged my ass on to Netflix the episode was pretty obviously labelled. Now I know why I've not really heard of this series before, only 13 episodes in five years. I watched the first two episodes and, um, they were okay. Perhaps the hype here diminished my reaction. "15million Credits" was stronger than "National Anthem" overall for me. Imma stick with the series tonight and finish out the third and final episode in S1 then skip one ahead to "White Bear" though as that's the one that got the "gif reaction" treatment. I've got high expectations for that one.

"White Bear" was indeed the biggest twist and is the episode that reminded me most of classic Twilight Zone. The hype is to be believed on that one.

But S1E3 "The History of You" and S2E1 "Be Right Back" were the most emotionally gripping of the episodes for me thus far--due in large part by the mesmerizing performances of Tobby Kebbel in S1E3 and Hayley Atwell and Domhnall Gleeson in S2E1. They all were acting the hell outta those parts

I'm about to wrap up my weekend of binging this series and watch John Hamm do his thing in S2E4. However, I had to chime in after watching S2E3 "The Waldo Moment." This was by far the most mindblowing episode for me thus far fbecause it basically outlined Donald Trump's presidential campaign philosophy three years before he even officially announced he was running! Holy doomsday prophecies, Batman! Fuck! I mean, that conversation Jamie had with the show creator in the hallway of the hotel is basically what pundits and analysts have been saying about Trump's win post-election. This episode is a hauntingly prescient bit of television. Especially that ending--well, hopefully the very last scene of a Waldotocracy is more cautionary than prescient.

This is a real gem of a series. Im glad I didn't tap out after the first two episodes.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

Funny, because I think it's the weakest I've seen up to that point (I mean, how do you follow White Bear?).

I mean, it was fine. Good actually, just not my favorite. Your Trump mention is spot on tho. That episode had to have been official reference for all Trump campaign staffers during the election. Fucking scary that it actually worked! Having said that:

Triumph 2020!

24130109334_e42748af67_b.jpg

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

• 2 weeks later...

finished season 3. it's about par; a few eps with high concepts & didn't quite come together at the end for me, but i was always down for the ride. San Junipero was great, Men Against Fire (roaches one) was another sandout, and it felt a bit more by-the-numbers at points but the finale, Hatred in the Nation, was also great.

bummed i'm out of them again. i'd kill for another christmas special on par with the last one, as a matter of fact, i'm gonna go tweet #DeathToBBC and get that ball rolling.

related: a buddy on FB said to check out Incorporated, anyone know about that one?