Hondo's Bar

Black Mirror

Jimmi Simpson is a fucking awesome actor too. I thought I wouldnt be able to see past the McPoyles, but between this and Westworld, he's getting his due. There's a Marvel character for him somewhere.

Edited by Axels
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, that first episodeay have been best saved for later. Just finished ep 2 and it wasn't nearly as strong. Still good, but felt like a retread of earlier episodes.

I appreciate that they are linking the universe through the shared tech, but they really like the whole, camera in the eye thing.

• Upvote 1

Just finished the season.  That was all net bar Crocodile,  for me.  

On 01/01/2018 at 4:25 PM, Axels said:

If they decided that this would be the last season, then Black Museum would be the perfect send off. That was great.

I concur.  Although more would be nice. [/s]

Monkey loves you

Edited by Jables
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Black Mirror S4
This was probably the most disappointing season of the series for me overall. Half of the episodes (Crocodile, Arkangel, and Metalhead) had me actually bored. As a Star Trek fan I loved the season opener with "U.S.S. Callister," and it's my favorite episode of the season. "Hang the DJ" was interesting and had fantastic performances, but it lacked a certain gravitas that it needed to be something as great as "San Junipero" from S3. And "Black Museum" was really interesting, but it felt like something that should be be a series and not a season finale.

"Black Museum" spoilers:

I'm not sure if I like the show putting an official tie-in of the episodes like this and creating a "Black Mirror Universe."  However, the museum idea was pretty great as was the character of the proprietor. Again, I feel like it was an idea ripe to END the entire show with. Anyway, it could be cool to watch for this guy to pop up in future episodes. Or really frustrating. It all depends if the writers work him into the stories in a clever way.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
spoilers

13 hours ago, Axels said:

I don't understand the hate for Metalhead. It was intense as hell and even more disturbing when you realize

Hide contents

The dogs were actually people

Okay, so is this a theory or was it an actual reveal in the episode?

Please explain that conclusion to me because if it was a reveal in the episode I totally missed it. Full disclosure, I mentioned this being one of the less engaging episodes for me, so I did get up and walk away from the TV once or twice during the episode.

Also, do you mean the dogs were people as in drones being operated remotely or people as in a human consciousness inside the robot dog?

It's just my theory, but there are a few factors that indicate this. Namely

The "battery" life. I dont think that was the battery, I think that was the actual conscience. You see that same circle in Black Museum with the conscience transfer tech. Also, when they talk about the teddy bear being the catalyst to require more and more emotes and reactions for the mind in machines. If this is true, the episode is even scarier, because it isn't a bunch of AI run amok, it's the real remnants of the human population.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

that was another solid season - enjoyed more than i didn't, even lesser eps like crocodile were interesting with the tech stuff 

On 12/30/2017 at 9:07 PM, Iambaytor said:
On 12/30/2017 at 9:07 PM, Iambaytor said:

So we're in agreement that Jesse Plemons is just a spare Matt Damon, right?

if you get to make this joke i wanna add that daniel lapaine was the true value sam neil 

Wait, there's a new season?

Ah. I must binge!!!!!! Or do you want me to wait for you, Ryan? Thoguh, with my new schedule, I must warn you I have no clue when it will happen. I've secretly been watching Babish without you

Goddammit. I got all excited for nothing. Grumble.

Edited by FireDownBelow

• 3 months later...