Hondo's Bar

Mr. Robot

S2E7

Daaaaaaamn!

I kind of had a thought Elliot might be in a mental institution for s split second early on this season, but it seemed too far fetched. I should've known "too far fetched" in terms of Elliot's delusions is laughable.

So I'm guessing the Craig Robinson character was the prison warden? His henchman a crooked guard? Shawshank Redemption. What's next, we find out Elliot got his l33t h4xx0r skills via midichlorians?

And WTF is wrong with Angela? Her play at that meeting was as subtle as a bulldozer. smh

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
srsly angela, get it together.

^

I would be surprised if she didn't survive to S3. I think there is more Dark Army shit to come, but my guess is they will emerge as the real "enemy" for fsociety and that'll be dealt with in S3. This Esmail guy is all about the slow burn and long game. I think Darlene is here for a while. She will kill you while wearing your own shirt! (Well, not sure if she full on Negan'd him, but definitely knocked his ass out!)

57bf2905f2d83.image.jpg

She's trying to fill that Elliott void and over-compensating. Tasting blood has sent her over the edge. All this will prompt Elliott to get out of jail quicker (in the preview for the next episode, Papa Robot says something about getting out), but it'll be too late. More head ghosts :(

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

Couldn't get past the second episode. It was a truly forgettable show for me. As a true blue computer nerd I'm instinctively hostile to anything containing the word "hackers".

Did I make the right choice? If you guys give it a solid recommendation I'll persevere but that'll mean having to endure Christian Slaters' stupid face for more precious minutes of my life than I'm willing to sacrifice.

I will say the series isn't for everyone, as it's a lot about self examination and being inside one's own mind as much as it is about socio-economic revolution, but I'm surprised you didn't dig it, Crim. It's currently my favorite weekly, non-binging show that's on air. So, I'd recommend giving it a chance through S1.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2, episode 10.

Nooooooo Darlene!

Also, I seent that jab at Trump, Sam. I seent it.

Everyone saw the jab. *lawsuit pending*

WTF up with Angela!?!? Girl, just grow some balls! PS I love you. And also, fucka Panch if he's right about...

...Darlene!!! As soon as they took that guy to the hospital I started thinking, I've got a bad feeling about this (George Lucas). And then when I heard that bike approaching in the last scene I started openly cursing the name Panch for putting that bad juju on my beloved Darlene. I rewatched that last scene twice to see if he shot her. The Dark Army guy was definitely spraying from left, where Darlene was sitting, to right. But Dom had blood spray on the right side of her face. Fuck. Doesn't look good for Darlene at all. Looks even worse for Skinny Turtle from Entourage Clone.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
bad juju

I started thinking about it and, the way this show is, it wasn't them at the table. Fed-chick walked in, started questioning random peeps, Dark Army shows up.

Either they left moments before to be replaced by some poor couple just trying to have bad food or Darlene excuses herself to the restroom and Fed-chick just misses her. The scene will show her going to the bathroom, using the bathroom (I'll never wish to be a toilet more in my life), she'll be washing her hands when she hears all Hell break loose outside.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

I started thinking about it and, the way this show is, it wasn't them at the table. Fed-chick walked in, started questioning random peeps, Dark Army shows up.

Either they left moments before to be replaced by some poor couple just trying to have bad food or Darlene excuses herself to the restroom and Fed-chick just misses her. The scene will show her going to the bathroom, using the bathroom (I'll never wish to be a toilet more in my life), she'll be washing her hands when she hears all Hell break loose outside.

It was hard to see who was sitting at the table, but it was their table and there were two people. Dom called in back up b/c she identified the suspect, aka Skinny Hacker Turtle. It does not look good. Although I'd welcome the Darlene in bathroom scenario. You as a toilet is a whole other issue.

Bottom line: if Daryl Darlene dies we riot!!!

They better make things clear next episode though and not pull another one of these delay a week with a side story like they did with Elliot's big reveal in S2E7 then we had to wait until S2E9 to ge the rest of the story.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Well, more questions raised than answered, but ultimately a decent enough finale. I really envy people who will discover this show once its over and be able to binge the whole series. Oh, and if you missed the post credits scene with Trenton & Mobley, definitely look it up on youtube. It's major stuff.

Here's a long interview with Esmail transcribed from a podcast he did recently. It touches a lot at the beginning on the criticism of the show and critics in general at the beginning, but gets into actual show details later. He said he sees the show going to "maybe" five seasons. Here's what Esmail said about S3:

GE: In terms of season three, is there anything you can tell us about what vision you have?

SE: Here’s what I'd say. I always look at every season as the stages of Elliot's evolution. So the first season is this naïve Elliot who goes down the rabbit hole and has a shocking realization about himself by the end of the season. The second season is this all-out battle with himself and Mr. Robot, and trying to battle this realization away, basically.

So when we go into the next stage, I always say it's the disintegration part. Now all bets are off. These guys, there is no way they can be copacetic, so now they're gonna disintegrate. I know that sounds cryptic but it wouldn't be Mr. Robot if it wasn't.

Looks like a lot more of what we saw in the final two episodes of S2 creeping in to S3.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 10 months later...

S3 trailer dropped with a voice I don't really recognize from the show reading a rearranged and altered version of Leonard Cohen's "Democracy."

Honestly, I've watched so much TV and film in the year since S2 aired that I really need to go back and read up again on S2 and rewatch the finale before S3 begins. Looking at my last post in here and I can't quite recall who Trenton & Mobley even are. The Muslim girl and fat white guy from FSociety?

• 1 year later...

'Mr. Robot' to end with season 4

The end of the road for USA Network's critical hit Mr. Robot is in sight: the previously announced fourth season of the Sam Esmail-created drama starring Rami Malek will be its last. The network-defining series will begin production in the winter in New York for a premiere in 2019, meaning the drama will have been off the air for more than a year when the final season debuts.

I thought I read back when S1 finished up that Sam Esmail had five seasons in mind. Hmm. *reads article* Ah, seems this is his idea...

"Since day one, I’ve been building toward one conclusion — and in breaking the next season of Mr. Robot, I have decided that conclusion is finally here. Everyone on the creative team, including the amazing people at USA and UCP, didn't want to say goodbye, but we ultimately have too much respect for Elliot's journey to extend past its inevitable ending. Therefore, season four will serve as the final chapter of the Mr. Robot story. To fans of the show: thank you for the past three years, and I can't wait to share this exciting final season with you."

Looking forward to seeing how this all ends. Hopefully I can find time to rewatch the first three seasons before S4 drops in 2019.

• 1 year later...

So I made the huge (yuuujah) mistake of waiting until S4 was completely over to binge watch it rather than go week-to-week. In my defense, I don't have USA, so it would've been tricky to do so, and S3, with some truly stellar exceptions, was really mediocre on the whole.

But Season 4 is a different tale. Holysplittingdickholes, this thing is just a beast, an absolute gem, of a season thus far. I've got five episodes left, and I'm just spent--S4E7 & E8 are especially emotional. However, something in S4E8 compelled me to post something about it...

Gawdamn, that scene where Dom annihilates Janice's sociopathic ass is just pure perfection. Seriously, Dom is T2 Sarah Conner level badass motherfucker. If you don't stand up and applaud after Janet gets that bullet int he head then I don't know what's wrong witchu.

Whew. Okay, that's done. I'm gonna try and finish S4 this weekend. Hopefully someone else around here is watching/has watched S4. If not, get on it!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin