Hondo's Bar

Keth

So after reading about his involvement in Silent Hills and seeing his crazy ass art I decided to read some of his stuff. I've downloaded Uzumaki and just finished the first Vol of it and it's fucking cool. Super creepy. I've also fallen in love with his art style. It's akin to the Scary Stories art work where it's just unsettling as hell.

DhTqlvy.jpg

Any suggestions on where to go from here? Gyo looks interesting...

• Really Like 1

Apparently Baytor is the reason for all of this as he pointed me in the direction of Amigara Fault before the Silent Hills stuff came to light. It didn't even occur to me that the same author was responsible for it. So really thanks to Baytor for introducing me to Junji Ito without me realizing it tongue.png

Edited by Axels
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

he really is, and part of me will never forgive konami for not giving us a silent hills with him designing the monsters

also: was at a barnes & noble the other week and in the manga section, they had an Ito collection TPB, anyone else seen something like this?

• 2 months later...

20106522_10209315885154607_1254257496333909007_n.jpg?oh=7d2010f85402910c133e9a90fe6398c8&oe=59C43C65

Just finished this. Fantastic book. The ending was alot quieter than Uzumaki (not as grand, but leaves it open for more stories), but the level of horror was on par. This is a legitimately creepy book, while also managing to be hilarious. I'd love to see Ito's art style applied to an Evil Dead comic or something.

Edited by Axels

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...