Hondo's Bar

Marvel Cinematic Universe (phase 3 & beyond)

Keth

...does it, though? i feel like he could literally show up with less intro than spidey and people are just gonna go nuts & be happy to see him, really. might be biased as a fanboy, but i just cant imagine having him show during a huge fight is gonna have too many people scratching their heads

wolvy 3 looks like Old Man Logan from shots we've seen, but im with axels: a quick fight with Hulk would fulfill some childhood dreams, can't deny my hype for that. we could literally show them going at it for a few moments, get back to other madness & pan back to Hulk dragging his knocked-out ass and i'd be happy like a clam

• 1 month later...

Avengers 3 officially titled Avengers: Infinity War. No more "parts 1 & 2" as Avengers4 now doesn't have an official title. Russo Bros. still set to direct both films. Avengers4 is still set to be the end of MCU Phase 3.

Maybe Phase 4 will finally see a merging of the TV & film characters. Spidey swings into Hell's Kitchen to meet Daredevil, Punisher fights Black Widow and Hawkeye. You know, awesome shit like that.

Why Marvel TV/Movie Crossovers Are So Hard To Pull Off In The Movies, According To Its President

It’s about finding the right way to do that. And the honest answer is, movies are developed so far in advance that a lot of those things [inhumans, Hydra monsters, etc.] weren’t done when we started to film [Captain America: Civil War]. Or, if we were to do something in a film that absolutely handcuffs what the team can do in season 2 of whatever show, they don’t want to be handcuffed. They shouldn’t be handcuffed. It’s just finding the right time and right place to do it.

That’s bad news for those of you that want to see Charlie Cox’s Daredevil stood alongside Chris Evans’ Captain America, Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man, or Mark Ruffalo’s The Hulk any time soon. However, reading between the lines slightly, you’ll have noticed that Kevin Feige’s response still leaves the door open for a potential crossover to occur.

It just has to be done right. And doing things right is something that Marvel Studios has excelled at. The stuttering start to the DC Extended Universe proves just how difficult it is to expand these stories, and the fact that Marvel are coming up to ten years since they began their universe with only one notable failure – sorry The Incredible Hulk – is hugely impressive.

But while Kevin Feige has looked to downplay discussions about Daredevil and Jessica Jones joining the cinematic big leagues there’s a chance that he might be lying to us. Earlier this year, Joe and Anthony Russo confirmed that 68 Marvel characters will be appearing in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Avengers: Infinity War Part 2.

Edited by Bindusara

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

okay, so: Infinity Gem update

Space Stone (aka The Tesseract) -- asgard (avengers 1)

Power Stone (aka The Orb) -- nova corp (GOTG)

Reality Stone (aka The Aether) -- collector had it, so that's a wild card (post cred Thor 2)

Mind Stone (aka Loki's Staff and Vision) -- inside vision (Av 2)

Time Stone (aka The Eye of Agamotto) -- dr strange has it

we're assuming the Soul Stone is gonna show in Wakanda, yeah? they did say they were spread around the earth.

starting to wonder if we get a Thanos Quest or if that's just a part of Avengers 3.

Soul Stone was originally connected to Adam Warlock and he was in the Collector's collection as a cocoon in the Thor after credits and was later shown busted out behind Howard the Duck, with no mentioning of the stone, he probably didn't have it... with all the large galaxy/universe shattering powers out there about to be unleashed upon the MCU I'm guessing it'll show up in GotG2 or the next Thor movie.

Edited by Drifter

^yeah, GOTG2 is happening around the right time as well, hadn't considered that. was gonna say why have 2 stones happen to the same team but that's gonna happen here anyway i guess

You don't think it'll show up in Thor 3?

Black Panther doesn't come out until after Infinity War

damn...okay, yeah, i guess Thor 3 - i was just thinking it didn't seem right to have 2 stones near Asgard, but then there's storylines 3 is looking to interact with that might have characters from much further off around too.

• 5 weeks later...

so, i was debating making an MCU 2099 thread, but i thought i'd try it here! just wanted to get into the direction you think the universe will take after 2020 or so.

6XSYOFO.jpg

WddQoK1.jpg

the 2nd image has more familiar faces for many, but both are about torch-passing. i keep reading how marvel isn't trying to do a Young Justice, they're trying to setup the avengers of 2030 & beyond. personally, i found the transition to a more diverse group went over pretty well, since many were established characters for years beforehand.

but it begs the question: if a number of parties currently involved intend to leave after both parts of Avengers 3 wraps up, where do you see the future of MCU? we've still yet to introduce Carol Danvers, and the spidey relaunch is already trying to incorporate much of Miles without Miles.

who do you think will be the first of the new class to see a part in a film? sales on the books don't necessarily affect these things, i figure - but Kamala, Viv, Miles, Cho and a few others i could see down the road.

i imagine we'd have a new actress for Foster-Thor, but the transition to passing the shield to Sam Wilson seems like the easiest thing to do, with both already well established by now.

Still crossing my fingers that Fox will take its head out of its own ass and finally get with the program. I really want to see Wolverine and Hulk beat the shit out of each other on the big screen. (Would be even better if Jackman could stay on. I don't think age is a big deal yet cause he looks good still, and if Perlman can still do Hellboy I don't see why Hugh can't do wolverine.gif )

They've already planted the seeds for Amadeus Cho and FalconCap seems like a pretty good liklihood as well. I think Paul Bettany will play Vision until he dies because he really has nothing else. Kamahla is just around the corner and it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped Richard Ryder and went straight to Sam Alexander for a Nova movie (just so long as they keep John C. Reilly's character from Guardians as his trainer, because that's far too good and opportunity to pass up) Riri Williams and She-Thor are maybes at best, particulalry Thor since Chris Hemsworth is pretty young and not likely to go anywhere soon.

man, i was kinda ehh about AoU, don't even remember Cho's mom

Do ye really not see Marvel recasting every role eventually?

some, sure - we already did that with War Machine & Hulk. but with RDJ making the most of any actor & showing up so many places, nah, i kinda feel like we'd see more mantle passing in examples like that. think about it: Disney gets a shot at younger crowds with a more diverse lineup, and younger actors/actresses to pay less? i feel like we'd be seeing bigger $ thrown at the villains at that point, which now that i think about it i'd be pretty okay with!

just wanted to get into the direction you think the universe will take after 2020 or so.

Is that the year Infinity War / MCU Phase 3 is supposed to wrap up? Which has now been expanded to a Phase 4? W/ potentially more Phases?

LOL - I always envisioned Scarlet Witch at the end of all this, winking @ the camera or something and basically erasing / resetting everything...setting the stage for reboots / remakes...y'know there's eventually going to be another Captain America and Iron Man origin movie once all this officially wraps up.

8b656d4e9aae6363362e64713fc00aed.jpg

personally, i found the transition to a more diverse group went over pretty well, since many were established characters for years beforehand.

Yeah - I like that 'passing the torch' approach, too.

A different character taking over an established iconic mantle? That's interesting and creative. Someone else in the Iron Man suit? Spidey suit? Cap outfit? That's fresh and new...and makes sense. Great opportunity for other interesting / attractive characters to step up into the spotlight and shine.

I understand the importance for films - like these - to be a bit more diverse. I love the idea of kids having a spectrum of relatable characters to look up to - while also honoring the source material.