Hondo's Bar

Marvel Cinematic Universe (phase 3 & beyond)

Keth

Chris Evans may leave the MCU after Avengers 4

[IMG]

...i'm not gonna be ready for it, but here's to hoping the shield goes to sam, or buck

or we get isiah's story

• 2 weeks later...

John Krasinski wants to be Reed Richards in the MCU F4

a-quiet-place-emily-blunt-john-krasinski

Emily Blunt to play Sue, Rain Wilson as DOOM, etc 

How tall is Eastwood? I know we've had a 6'1" Wolverine for 18 years, and to be honest, it's not a big part of the public perception of the movie character that he be short, but I want it. Stock, short, crouched low...

I love what Jackman did with the character, but I don't feel like I'm seeing a comic adapatation without the shortness element.

Also more hairiness.

Nah, the muscularity and speed is still required. It's not just short and hairy.

Jackman played a pretty boy with bestial undertones, especially after the first one when he got the ladies all hot and heavy and became a sex icon. Just my perception, but they seemed to tone the ugly out of him after the first movie.

I want the beastines front and center. The physicality would have to come from the actor. The hairiness would probably be best as a practical makeup effect.

Not gonna happen though. They've seen the success of pseudo bikerboy Logan and are going to try and replicate it.

Edited by Jumbie

No, I'm thinking more the Larry Hama wolvie. 

Are you thinking of the wolvie from post 100? When Apocalypse messed him up and he got a weird nose and acted like the phantom of the opera talking about don't look at his face?

That one didn't last long I think. 4 issues and they kind of quietly dropped it and started depicting him as before.

Physically, Hama's wolvie (Which was mostly Adam Kubert's art I think) was often depicted almost like a human wolverine hybrid. Reminded me a lot of Master Splinter in a way.

Here's some examples of what I'm thinking of. Jackman pulled this stuff off really well in the movies, particularly that first bar fight, but he got the spirit right without the physical representation.

YI6e4cG.jpg

EdBX8yN.jpg?1

I doubt you're ever going to get that kinda width to height ratio on a fit actor. I know there are guys who have the body, cuz I've seen them at gyms etc. But not many of them are acting.

Edited by Jumbie

Probably what I was referring to, I can't recall the details of those issues from back in the 90s. I'm pulling half a day today so I can't view or post pics, I'll have get back to this when I get home.

Edited by Drifter

Yeah, that's the post issue 100 version. I didn't like it. Something about Wolvie being down on himself about looking like a beast seemed to take him in a more superficial direction. This was a guy who viewed himself as a beast already for his blood rages and being liable to hurt innoccents. I felt like he wouldn't care about looking ugly, because he'd still be more concerned about acting like a beast.

Hank McCoy on the other hand, he viewed himself as a civilised man, so I could see why being viewed as a beast would affect him. Or Nightcrawler being actually abused over his looks as a child I could see being concerned about looking bestial.

best ugly wolvy artists

1) sam keith

2) bill sienkiewicz

3) darrick robertson 

overall though, adam kubert (seen in that juggernaut pic jumbie posted) is still my favorite.  lenil francis yu & anthony winn are both great as well.  

• 2 weeks later...