Hondo's Bar

Funko's POP! Vinyls

Da Cap'n 2099

B&N had a slew of these on sale for $5. Picked up Locke from LOST and Darlene & Mr. Robot from, well, Mr. Robot. Also picked up  Bob Ross a while back as well as Elle from Stranger Things--both the wigged and un-wigged(?) versions. I'm up to 24 POP Vinyl figs now. It's...getting to be an issue.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:10 AM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

jurassic-park-funko-pops-1074532.jpeg

Goddammit.

Where did you find this picture? Seems like I saw the Ellie figure in early announcements but not in the official release. And in the early ones, her name wasn't even on the box:

26907928_10155024346642477_1970658648746

That is some bullshit. 

I mean you can have two versions of male characters and two versions of a DINOSAUR and not ONE of your female lead? Not a good look. 

DT7Px_mVQAEbHfS.jpg

Edited by Donutella
  • Really? 1

On 1/23/2018 at 1:04 AM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

What else would be in the second wave besides the kids and the JP Explorer? Ellie Sattler with hat? Sick Triceratops? Samuel L "hold on to your butts" Jackson? Muldoon? Human Piece of Toast Tim? Lawyer on toilet?

Genero on toilet > Bare chested Goldblum

Also contenders for a wave2: Mr. DNA, Dodgson...we need Dodgson here!*

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
*Nobody cares.

Mr. DNAAAAA...man, what a good call.

I don't see it translating well into a Funko Pop, tho.  But (shrugs) - maybe they've done a character / sculpt similar to what that is?  Seems tricky.

But Mr. DNA?  In a heartbeat if it looks like him.  LOL - in that JP Lego game, that was my go-to character.  Him n' Nedry (gotta have a partner-character).

jurassicpark2504.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man, this looks great! I gotta say though, absolutely nothing about this came up in my Netflix feed. I mean, I watch tons of docs on Netflix and I've seen every episode of Toys that Made Us (and some episodes more than once) so you'd think the "Netflix algorithm" would've recommended this doc for me of all people. Take some of that money your throwing at any comedian with a podcast and instead hire a few programmers to update yer bloody algorithms, Netflix! /end old man rant

Anyway, I'm glad you posted about it and I'm looking forward to seeing this doc.

• 1 month later...

8YFLhYh.jpg

HjNsyRM.jpg

HUGE thanks to @Da Cap'n 2099 who was able to snag one of these Target exclusive Sexy Ian Malcolm figures for me (that's not the name, but it's what I call it!). I coveted this so hard and I am soooo happy with it. I love the little details too. I'm not a collector of these by any means (I only have Ian, Bob Ross and a Donatello that also came from Panch!). But I love what I have!

Also, don't get too excited @The NZA, he went right back in the box after I took that picture!

Edited by Donatella
  • Really Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Really? 1

I was about to give you a big ol heart, but that box line got me.... YOU CANT CAGE GOLDBLUM LIKE THAT!!!

That is super awesome though, and I'm pretty jelly

Edit: I had to change it because I have no conviction and you at least let him out to breath for a moment. 

Edited by Axels
  • Haha 1

You're welcome Judy, but you gotta also thank Big Jon (C_U_SPACECOWBOY) for being a jet-setting, international man of mystery super-spy on a secret mission and not answering my call when I found these Sexy Malcolms (I got one too of course). The second call went to Nick which he used to claim it for you (I guess you gotta thank him too).

The purchase also comes with a little drama as the dude who sold them to me (whom I've know from the local comic scene FOR YEARS) gave me shit for trying to get the "Panchy Price" twice. I got mine for $20 and thought I could get the second for the same and he was like nope. I was like ok, but he kept going: "you're breaking my balls, Panch" "you always do this to me, Panch" "I can get 50 bucks for it from someone else, Panch." I was like, "what ever happened to 'Panchy'?" So, I told him it was fine, but he called me back as I started to walk away. "I'm not paying 50, man." I said as I turned back. We finally agreed to 20, but not without more claims of ballbusting. Honestly, I kinda wanna avoid his booth at Supercon this year.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

You're welcome Judy, but you gotta also thank Big Jon (C_U_SPACECOWBOY) for being a jet-setting, international man of mystery super-spy on a secret mission and not answering my call when I found these Sexy Malcolms (I got one too of course). The second call went to Nick which he used to claim it for you (I guess you gotta thank him too).

The purchase also comes with a little drama as the dude who sold them to me (whom I've know from the local comic scene FOR YEARS) gave me shit for trying to get the "Panchy Price" twice. I got mine for $20 and thought I could get the second for the same and he was like nope. I was like ok, but he kept going: "you're breaking my balls, Panch" "you always do this to me, Panch" "I can get 50 bucks for it from someone else, Panch." I was like, "what ever happened to 'Panchy'?" So, I told him it was fine, but he called me back as I started to walk away. "I'm not paying 50, man." I said as I turned back. We finally agreed to 20, but not without more claims of ballbusting. Honestly, I kinda wanna avoid his booth at Supercon this year.

I appreciate it more knowing how much of a mission it was to get! That does suck about your friend, though. Maybe we’ll get lucky and he’ll be out to lunch if we pass his booth! Supercon is gonna be great, I’d hate for there to be any awkwardness!