Hondo's Bar

Funko's POP! Vinyls

Da Cap'n 2099

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I managed to find a General Grievous at my old Walgreens and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Star Wars base comes detached.

n3rElHN.jpg

AZajOgP.jpg

So I've decided to let it hold my Green Goblin pop that can't stand up without a base.

dn7sKLF.jpg

"BUT HE ISN'T A STAR WARS CHARACTER" you might scream. Well no, but I plan on turning that base into the Goblin Glider soon. Stay tuned!

Also here's the rest of my collection with some new additions. I've fallen down this hole and there ain't no coming back...

mR89bsw.jpg

C3a0Q6e.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Funko has worst day-one IPO of any company in 17 years, is ~$320 million dollars in debt

Funko, the toy maker whose big-headed collectible figures can often be found decorating the offices of animation industry artists, launched a Goldman Sachs/JP Morgan/BofA Merrill Lynch-led IPO last Thursday that went about as poorly as a public offering could possibly go, with some investors labeling it “a disaster.”

In fact, Funko’s IPO offered the worst first-day return for a Wall Street IPO in 17 years, with shares dropping 41% from their initial price of $12 to close at $7.07.

I gotta say, the absolute walls of these things at comic shops/cons/gamestop etc  has had me thinking they were due for a hit sometime...still, those of you after them should be able to find em on discount soon enough!

Well, that was a fun ride. Glad I got Bojack before the company destroyed itself.

Honestly though, why would they think going public would be that great of an idea? They've cornered the market of little collectible things...and...where do you really go from there? How much more growth could there possibly be?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...