Hondo's Bar

Best Metallica Album

Reverend Jax

What is the best Metallica album?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, so I'm probably the first to hear the album here, so here goes...

Instead of going for actual thrash metal they're tryed to be "groove" metal and utterly fail, it's repetitive. Hetfield still can't sing and the man-ape's bass sounds like someone hitting a huge metal pipe.

My biggest problem is the lyrical phrasing. Just like St. Anger, the lyrics are just as bad, if not worse. The music is a sure shot better than St. Anger, but the lyrics on the whole album are as embarrassing, the whole album is.

It's as if Hettfield thought, "HEY! SUICIDE RHYMES WITH CYANIDE AND DIED!!!"

What can I say? Thrash died long ago, as did Metallica in '93.

1218856536106wi9.jpg

Edited by Lorelei

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the longest time I THOUGHT RIDE THE LIGHTING Was the greatest metal album of all time. I still kind of think that, with songs like FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE, FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS, CREEPING DEATH AND CALL OF KUTLU. It was one of those albums that made me happy about being a fan of music. I would stay up all night back in the day and listen to that album on repeat till I knew every song on guitar.

Okay, so I'm probably the first to hear the album here, so here goes...

Instead of going for actual thrash metal they're tryed to be "groove" metal and utterly fail, it's repetitive. Hetfield still can't sing and the man-ape's bass sounds like someone hitting a huge metal pipe.

My biggest problem is the lyrical phrasing. Just like St. Anger, the lyrics are just as bad, if not worse. The music is a sure shot better than St. Anger, but the lyrics on the whole album are as embarrassing, the whole album is.

It's as if Hettfield thought, "HEY! SUICIDE RHYMES WITH CYANIDE AND DIED!!!"

What can I say? Thrash died long ago, as did Metallica in '93.

1218856536106wi9.jpg

Link?

Ride the Lightning the best... handz down plz woot! WHO i ask.. .WHO DOESNT LIKE FADE TO BLACK??!?!?! yea... thats rite... I win.. I ALWAYS WIN >_>... as for mr. megadeath... music iz very opinionated.. arguing a ocomparison of 2 different styles has to be the stupidest thing on the face of the earth... the concept of music is not objective.. move on w/ ur life... friggen jerk tryin'a take metallica away from jesus >_>...

o and ps st anger sux terrible mandingo mahogony

Edited by IceManML

like i said before in my spoiler bit, the lyrics are awful. of course you can say metal isn't really about lyrics, i'd agree. but these lyrics aren't just bad, they're embarrassing

regardless of that i love the latest song, waiting for the album though

Edited by Lorelei

YES! 'TALLICA IS BACK!

I like how the intensity builds as the song continues. Then it gets faster and faster! Yes, crunching guitars! fat fast riffs! banging drums! It sounds awesome! It's a very sad statement on the state of hard rock that Metallica return after a long hiatus and rules rock radio! It towers over every other current rock song. Step off the throne you rock n roll posers, THE KINGS ARE BACK!

I CANNOT WAIT TO BUY THIS ALBUM!