Hondo's Bar

Iron Fist

Link

GAME OF THRONES Actress Jessica Henwick Joins The Cast Of Netflix's IRON FIST As 'Colleen Wing'

We had heard this character would be debuting on Iron Fist, and now EW has confirmed that Jessica Henwick (Game Of Thrones, Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be playing martial artist, Colleen Wing...

132938.jpg

Looks like we're in for a Game Of Thrones reunion on Marvel and Netflix's Iron Fist show, as joining Finn Jones in the title role of Danny Rand will be his fellow Westerosi badass, Jessica Henwick (Nymeria Sand).

Apparently the actress, who also had a small role in The Force Awakens, will be playing fan-favorite character Colleen Wing, who along with Misty Knight, fights crime as one of the "Daughters of The Dragon" in the Marvel comics.

The site describes this small screen take on Wing as "a martial arts expert running her own dojo, Colleen will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand"

They also provide a more detailed synopsis:

Iron Fist will open with billionaire Rand returning to New York City after being missing for years: “He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.”

MV5BODU5MTkxNDU4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODY3NTUxNjE@._V1_.jpg

Edited by alive she cried

i was surprised to seem madame Gau again, but DD's already pushing into the mystical via ninjas & ressurection, kinda thinking Luke's series might aid the transition too.

these are street-level vigilantes, but this isn't the nolan-verse. we need to start setting this corner up for otherworldly stuff too, or Moon Knight's gonna be really tricky to pull off

• 2 weeks later...

Finn Jones Outlines His Intense Training To Prepare For The Role Of 'Danny Rand' In IRON FIST

137455.jpg

In a new interview, Game Of Thrones alum Finn Jones once again expresses his love for the Iron Fist character, and outlines the details of his impressive training regime to prepare for the role...

137455.jpg

We've already heard very briefly from Finn Jones in regards to his casting as Danny Rand in Marvel and Netflix's Iron Fist series, but in a new interview with EW the British actor elaborates on the things that drew him to the role.

"I think it’s going to be an exciting character to play," Jones told the site. "There’s this contraction of on one hand he’s from a very wealthy family, he’s a billionaire, on the other hand he’s been in this world of K’un-Lun for a long time where he’s learned kung fu and Buddhist philosophy."

Speaking of martial arts, how has Jones been preparing to accurately portray such a physically adept character? As it turns out, very intensely:

"At the moment I’m in the physical preparation for the role. Every day for the last month, I start my day with about two and a half hours of martial arts – which is kung fu and wushu mixed with a bit of tai chi, and other stuff as well. In the afternoon I’ll do weight training with a trainer to bulk me up and get my physically right for the part. And in evenings I’ve been doing meditation classes and learning Buddhist philosophies."

Jones adds that he hasn't tried on the costume just yet. Check out the full interview at the link below.

Iron Fist is set to kick off production pretty soon, and the other confirmed cast members are David Wenham (Harold Meachum) and Jessica Henwick (Colleen Wing)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Finn Jones Teases IRON FISTS's Classic Comic Book Costume

We've yet to see any set photos or footage of Finn Jones in Iron Fist's classic green and yellow comic book costume. It's a difficult look to pull off in live-action and Marvel may have passed altogether.

Iron_fist_marvel_netflix_costume.jpg

"I mean, who says there’s going to be a costume? I mean, this is a modern…." said actor Finn Jones (Game of Thrones) when asked by Extra about whether he'll actually wear Danny Rand's classic green and yellow superhero costume. However he quickly teased, "I can’t say anymore. Marvel’s gonna kill me. There maybe a costume, there may not be."

It's hard to picture a scenario where Marvel TV does a literal 'one-for-one' adaptation of Iron Fist's classic costume. Even Charlie Cox's Daredevil (who has a pretty comic book accurate costume) took a few liberties. Krysten Ritter's Jessica Jones made fun of the superhero costume "Jewel" initially wore in the comics, although that was actually in keeping with Jones' comic book origin of former superhero turned private investigator. As for Mike Colter's Luke Cage, the character hasn't worn his Power Man costume and tiara in decades.

Out of all The Defenders, Iron Fist's costume just might be the most difficult to translate from page to screen which may result in Iron Fist fighting crime in something close to the character's modern, shirtless look.

Unless Marvel spoils it beforehand, we'll all find out whether the classic costume is in play when Iron Fist premieres March 17, 2017.

netflix_iron_fist_classic_costume.jpg

I'm starting to get this awful feeling that he's going to be costumeless. That, just the symbol on his bare chest is what we'll get.

Here's mockup I did adjusting DD's original black costume.

K58gjrC.jpg

and with comic accurate colours.

muqIZN6.jpg

Daredevil really didn't get his legit costume until two seasons in. So my guess would be it'll be a long tease before we see TV Danny in an outfit anything like comic book Danny. I do hope it happens sooner rather than later, though, because there's only so much waxed chest superheroism a person can binge watch.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Three episodes in a row max. Max!

So Nick and Panch should be pleased.

Finn Jones Reveals That Wu-Tang Clan's RZA Helmed An Episode Of Marvel's IRON FIST

We learned about 9 of the 13 Iron Fist directors last week, and now, we've just gotten wind of another. It's hip-hop icon RZA, who according to Finn Jones, played an integral role in shaping Danny Rand.

iron.jpg

Music, despite not playing a major role in Daredevil & Jessica Jones, played a fairly significant part throughout the course of Luke Cage season one and it sure sounds like Marvel/Netflix's next joint-collaboration Iron Fist is planning on following the same route.

Last Friday, during a Facebook Q&A session with Extra, star Finn Jones explained his highly intricate process of getting into character as Danny Rand for the very first time: "So before I started the role, I actually made a playlist on my iPod of songs that Danny Rand would listen to" He then went on to list off a few of the artists we may or may not hear over the course of thirteen episodes: "It’s a lot of kind of '90s hip-hop like De La Soul, Jurassic 5, A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan. Like that kind of music is really what Danny’s jamming to. And we actually feature that in the series."

The conversation got even more interesting near the end when Jones let slip the identity of one of his directors: "And actually, one of our episodes was directed by the RZA himself. Episode 6. So, yeah, there’s very close ties to hip-hop music and the Iron Fist series." Episode six is titled "Immortal Emerges From Cave" and was one of the four episodes a recent report curiously failed to provide a director for and it now looks like we know why.

RZA is of course best known as the leader of the legendary hip hop group, Wu-Tang Clan, and previously helmed The Man with the Iron Fists, which was his homage to classic martial arts films. Jones wisely opted to avoid accidentally divulging anything else about the series, but did speak highly of his experience working with RZA: "Oh he’s a dude. Really super chill. Has a really good vision of what he wants. And he really understands that genre, the martial arts genre."

• Upvote 1

best news all day - and that's a mighty fine playlist too, even if im not a big jurassic 5 fan

i know RZA's a fan (thought he's a lot more into Moon Knight, i recall) so this must've been really cool, hoping for more cameos - still wondering how coulson fits in

literally waiting for RZA to write another book so i can get something signed by dude one day