Hondo's Bar

Star Wars Rebels

Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...

Three episodes in to S3 and so far bery little Thrawn. Butt we do get a great new character called Bendu that gives us some more insight int the ways of the force.

I do dig pseudo dark side Ezra "Sithra" Bridger. While not totally won over to the dark sde by the sith holocron, it has definitely influenced him. Kallus as the new Fulcrum seemed inevitable after the episode with Zeb last season. I als like how we saw Wedge jon the Rebellion ths week. Next episode sees Herra's dad make a return--and speeder bikes!

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Hot garbage.

JK. Great stuff! Very excited for season 3 (which I will have to wait for the Blu too, bah!). I kept looking at Ezra's scar and wondered "what injury is he gonna get this season?" Never thought it'd be Kanan! And Vader/Ahsoka fight?! OMG! I was kinda hoping it'd be Vader/Maul, but the former didn't disapoint and, really, made more sense, of course.

Lastly: my body is ready for Thrawn.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

• 2 months later...

[EPIC TRAILER]"YOU'RE IN THE WRONG PLACE."[/EPIC TRAILER]

I want that scene! The official declaration of open Rebellion! Epicness!

giphy.gif

Rogue One Spoilers

I love that Whittaker is voicing Saw! I wonder if this means Rebels will show how Gaylon Erso forms a relationship with saw and possibly even some Jyn & Saw adventures before she gets ditched by him.

^ LOL!

Rogue One in some ways felt like an extension of Rebels.

kotor%20hammerhead.jpg

When they showed up...

44041-oh-my-god-jim-carrey-ace-ventu-wd7Q.gif

Y'know Rebels is eventually gonna be making out in the corner w/ the Rogue One mythos. I watched Season 2 all the way through again yesterday. Pumped.

I hope we get a Season w/ X-Wings...that would be so wizard.

• 3 months later...

Only one more season to go? Wow, that's ambitious, how the hell are they going to wrap this cluster-muck up in one season? There has got to be a movie or two after this...

or they just kill everyone horribly ala-Rogue One. Mandalorians? Wiped Out. Pseudo-Jedi? Obliterated. Thrawn? Greasy Smear. Hey, Maul was a three move fight and he's worm food

Only one more season to go? Wow, that's ambitious, how the hell are they going to wrap this cluster-muck up in one season? There has got to be a movie or two after this...

or they just kill everyone horribly ala-Rogue One. Mandalorians? Wiped Out. Pseudo-Jedi? Obliterated. Thrawn? Greasy Smear. Hey, Maul was a three move fight and he's worm food

Whoa, I'm surprised to see such negativity for the series, Drifter. S3 didn't end in the same Vader-tastic fanboy spectacular that S2 did, however, overall S3 was solid. The "Dark Saber" and the Tatooine based "Twin Suns" episodes were exceptionally good. Like, legit OG Star Wars level good. Like, if you haven't had those episodes spoiled for you yet then don't because it's worth it going in blind for the feels that will warm your cold, Kallus callous fanboy heart.

Season 3 did have a few too many "filler" episodes and not enough Thrawn for my taste, but it looks like Thrawn is now gonna be the end-game for our Phoenix Squadron crew in S4. We know from Rogue One that Herra and Chopper survive S4 (It was confirmed that she's the Gen. Sendulla being paged on Yavin 4 base & Chop has on-screen cameo time), but from the way that trailer is set up and the voice over, I'd be surprised if any of the rest of the original Ghost crew make it out of S4 alive. I really would've liked five or six seasons with this show, but at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing if/how the story ends for some of these great new characters like Kannan, Ezra, Zeb, Kallus, and Sabine.

Also heard we're gonna find out what happened to Ahsoka after season 2.

A friend and I were talking about this yesterday, so here's how all that started st SWCO (Star Wars Celebration Orlando for those not up on the nerdy acronyms). S2 spoilers and a cool fan theory on Ahsoka in S4 below...

So at the end of S2 Vader straight up says he's gonna kill Ahsoka. Blast-doors close as the Rebels crew escape while Vader and Ahsoka duel with lightsabers. We never see her get murked by Vader on screen and she's absent/not mentioned all of S3. But it's Vader. Sorry Ahsoka fans, but she dead.

So the woman who voices Ahsoka is big into the SW fan community, and she's been going on a book tour to promote the Ahsoka novel and making the convention rounds shouting "Ahsoka Lives!" Pablo Hidalgo & Dave Filoni wore shirts at SWCO that read "Ahsoka Lives?" and commented during a panel that they thought the tone of this whole "Ahsoka Lives" thing was wrong. It should be more of a questioning tone, as in, "Oh really now? You think Ahsoka is alive?"

But at the Rebels panel during SWCO when Filoni revealed the trailer to the crowd and the live stream switched ot the trailer only, he changed into an "Ahsoka Lives!" shirt then put back on "Ahsoka Lives?" immediately and denied ever switching shirts. Naturally, pics from fans got out on Twitter and the leading theory is that the giant white wolf Ezra and Kanan are riding in the S4 trailer is somehow Ahsoka. Filoni is obsessed with wolves, so this is possible. Maybe we'll learn about some new kind of force based reincarnation. The force is eternal, so it's possible.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Just disappointed that it's ending, and since there's so much going on I fear it's going to be a rush job on the plot.

Didn't mean to come across as negative with the Maul v Obi-wan fight, only that it was over fast, as it should have been; it couldn't have been a more perfect ending between the two of them. "Look at what has become of you..." "Look at what I have risen above..."

Just got home, editing punctuation

Edited by Drifter

So I finally decided to give the clone wars series a shot, and am finding it much more enjoyable (and darker in places) than I had expected. I am getting through it at a fairly rapid pace and wanted to ask if once I'm done, if Rebels is worth my time as well. I assume so, since everyones in here talking about it - but thought i'd ask.

Also is there any other material I need to get into (movies aside) to make sense of rebels before I check it out?

So I finally decided to give the clone wars series a shot, and am finding it much more enjoyable (and darker in places) than I had expected. I am getting through it at a fairly rapid pace and wanted to ask if once I'm done, if Rebels is worth my time as well.

Awesome! Man, think I'm gonna give the Clone Wars reels another run. Such a huge Clone Wars fan - the first 2 seasons are good. If you survived the first 2 and the format held your interest - (random, varied adventures) it explodes in quality and variety in Season 3. Solid stuff - surprisingly adult and full-on feature-quality at times.

I really resented Rebels for 'killing' Clone Wars - the first season didn't hold the justification for me, but Season 2 picked up a stride that got someone like me super-interested in Season 3...waiting for a blu release.

I'd recommend Rebels for more Star Wars animated adventures. Especially that Original Trilogy / McQuarrie aesthetic...I mean, that alone is fun - but it's subpar in that, unlike Clone Wars - we don't hop into vastly different tales w/ different characters in seemingly every other episode. It's fairly straight-forward, in that it's singularly focused on this crew's plight - as opposed to the 'random adventure' format of Clone Wars...but there is a story that appears to be worth seeing through to the end.

I'd recommend Rebels - but know it's Disney's Rebels, not Cartoon Network's Rebels. Season 2 is where it gets promising.

Just disappointed that it's ending, and since there's so much going on I fear it's going to be a rush job on the plot.

Didn't mean to come across as negative with the Maul v Obi-wan fight, only that it was over fast, as it should have been; it couldn't have been a more perfect ending between the two of them. "Look at what has become of you..." "Look at what I have risen above..."

Just got home, editing punctuation

I misread you using "cluster-muck" as a dis on the series. But I see where you're coming from now. Dave Filoni mentioned in the SWCO panel that it's his decision as the show creator to end Rebels in S4. He said he saw the arcs of these characters coming to a natural conclusion at the end of this season, so I gotta trust in that. Apparently he's still a tad bitter that he got burned when Clone Wars was canceled abruptly, and he feels this is the way to go for Rebels. He did mention in the panel that Rebels wasn't the end for him and Lucasfilm animation, but he wouldn't go into more detail. He wanted the focus to remain on the final season of Rebels.

So I finally decided to give the clone wars series a shot, and am finding it much more enjoyable (and darker in places) than I had expected. I am getting through it at a fairly rapid pace and wanted to ask if once I'm done, if Rebels is worth my time as well...

What Panch wrote is 100% true. If you liked Clone Wars then you'll love Rebels. It has a lot of callbacks to that series. I keep meaning to go back and watch the whole series, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks to Netflix I have gone back and watched all of the Maul episodes and the first appearance of Saw Gerrera though. And I did go back and watch that important Ahsoka episode.

Yikes.

Force based reincarnation? Ahsoka a wolf? Ummm, not too keen on that. Maybe it'll work in context (or maybe it's BS), but we're gonna have to see.

Just bring her back. Defeated. Missing limbs. Whatever. Don't make her a wolf :/

I don't know, it's pretty possible as fr as fan theories go. Personally I like the idea of introducing some new aspect to our understanding of the force, such as reincarnation. Missing limbs are so cliche at this point. ;