Hondo's Bar

Animal Crossing

spiffytee

• 7 months later...

Just tryin to revitalize interest in the property, im expecting news on the wii version in the coming months....im hopin a few of us can have a dark, twisted hondo's villiage. I know Sen's on board, here's what was done with the DS version, by some:

everyonedies.jpg

katie2a.jpg

condom.jpg

heroinday.jpg

6301-468x-1096751381tom_nook.jpg

• 2 years later...

Aarty and I just picked up City Folk. I wasn't sure if it was gonna be a kiddie game, gay as hell, or just alright. It's actually a good game and addicting as hell! I'm sure it will be even cooler once we have internets and can use the WiiConnect24 stuff, but even without it it's good. Only thing I think they could have done better is the city iteslf. Only 8 shops I think. More stuff to do in the city would have been better.

Funny, this thread didn't come up when I searched for "Animal Crossing." Oh well, thanks for moving it!

I missed the GC version, kinda sucks thwy took NES games out, but it's understandable seeing as you can just DL them to the Wii now. But still, an all around cool game.

Right now, I just got approved for my 3rd loan (2nd expansion of he house) and I'm working on building up the museum with fishies, bugs, fossils (Aarty's found the only 1 so far) and paintings.

Cool thing about this version is you can play as your Mii! Just go into the city and get a "makeover".

yeah, i was clearly all about the GC one. DS one's not bad either, kinda more of the same. this game literally took away an entire summer for me.

the wii one looks alright too, some very minor changes but what kinda bothered me is that (if i understand it right) the online's not what id hoped for at all - data's still stored locally, no? cause ive got a copy here, but if i cant share a village with 3 other friends (you, newt, etc), even if we can only be on one at a time, i mean, whats the point? the GC one was fun cause i had spiffy and chi-chan playing with me at the apartment sometimes, i was really hoping this one'd let me share with people living elsewhere. kinda disappointed to hear thats not entirely the case.

and yeah, i guess the NES games had to go, shame though. still, my village was awesome! id maxed my house, saved 1 mil in the bank, filled out the museum & such, and had all the townspeople rocking batman, green lantern, spidey etc fashion, while upsetting chihiro with bold new words like "bukakke". aw man, that time we had swastikas as the new fashion design, she was so upset.

LMAO! Yeah, we're coming up with some choice phrases, like cornholio, cabron, maricon, Must Kill!, etc.

The way the Wii version works is... From my understanding anyway is that 4 can play locally, one at a time, and others can play in your villiage or in theirs. (Help each others' villiages out)

Heh, you just gave me some great ideas for shirts and fashion in our town lol!

theyre mad easy to do, too. superman even.

right, so you can interact with my village, but we cant share one, cause they're stored on the (offline) system memory. visiting is a plus, but i truly hope they incorporate a server to store stuff on for internet shared villages next time, whether they upgrade the graphics or not. the engine's simple enough, and i like it, i just need to be able to have others participate.

its funny, cause any game like this since - Harvest Moon, Viva Pinata etc - where you have to check in once a day, i fail very hard at. AC was such an investment, id have to allow 15-20 mins before game rental play or such every day just to keep roaches and weeds out, and make sure cool neighbor animals didnt leave (hint: they always do. uptight chicken bitches stay like cancer).

Yeah the one chicken in town is kinda retarded and annoying. I'm thinking of complaining about him to town hall. Lol. (Benedict is his name.)

Caught 2 sharks and a hammer head so far. 1 and the hammerhead are in the museum, the other's in my house. It's taking up a lot of space, but I figure might be cool with the lab theme when I finally get it.

Edited by Greyskull

you can complain/report people now? that's new.

see, in GC one, i paid most my mortgage/Tom Nook's extorting ass by fishing for big red bass things when it rained, i recall each went for $3k (!). if you need quick money for theme pieces or the like, im not sure how much they changed it, but fishing seemed to be the best way...that, and digging for gold with the golden shovel, i think every day there was at least one rock that'd yield moneybags.

Sharks = 15,000 and you can catch them at night without the rain. But only through October. I don't know if it's new or not, but certain bugs and fish are only available certain times of the day, and year. I can't wait till November. Lobster!

• 3 weeks later...

I just did my last upgrade, the last mortgage is like 598k so I'll take my time with that. The main floor has a Super Mario Brothers theme, each object looks like a 3d version of the original 8 bit graphic. Lol. Each also plays the original sound it made too. The basement is an evil science lab theme complete with a robot facing the urinal I have down there, and the 2nd floor is a log cabin theme. Aarty's on the next to last upgrade at the moment.

Oh, and the villiagers are running around like psychos saying "Must Kill!" With black shirts with a nice pink penis graphic that I designed, which also happens to be the town flag.

• 2 years later...

ac3dsconcepttownkrkq.png

forgot to mention this after the nintendo TGS presser, but the 3DS AC looks ambitious, like the real upgrade the series needed! apparently you're gonna be mayor of all that, and talk seems to be that people you streetpass can move into your city. I long for the day when i can share New Jack City Hondonia with the lot of you, and take turns pruning weeds & killing roaches.

*runs off to facebook to mock farmvillie folks unironically*

• 12 years later...