Hondo's Bar

The Batman (Reeves)

• 2 weeks later...

the bits of somewhat bruce timm modern/classic hybrid gotham, dark riddler forcing bats to actually be a detective, the obvious 90s pandering with nirvana covers as an ongoing comic trailer trend - there's a lot that i really like here, folks 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

damn, this was good. didn't even feel like 3 hours.

so at the top of my list are ones like mask of the phantasm and lego batman, but for live action, this ones prolly just under dark knight - and even that was carried on ledger's back, because looking back, bale was decent as bruce but not as bats, whereas pattinson was good as both.

the casting all around felt great

legit had no idea colin ferrell was penguin

, and the soundtrack was good too.

this was a crazy ride that legit did things i didn't think it would, and also set up a perfect world for the court of owls

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I totally get why this wasn't kept in the movie. We have SO MUCH Joker. And there are so many villains to work with here. But I do like the idea of instead having a whole movie where he is a villain, keeping him in a Hannibal Lecter-like consultant role. I do wanna see more of this. It's a great scene. 

• Wow! 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...