Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man : Homecoming

Feige confirms Marvel Studios has creative control of Homecoming

"Well, I’ve known all those people for a very long time," he tells HeyUGuys of Marvel's relationship with Sony. "Amy Pascal, Tom Rothman, who runs Sony now, I’ve known for years. So, it’s been great. They really are supportive in allowing us to make the creative decisions to make [spider-Man: Homecoming], but they’ve been great partners. So far so good on that movie."

• 4 weeks later...

Rumor: Marvel considering adding Kingpin in Spider-Man: Homecoming

kingpinspiderman.png

Recently, Agents of SHIELD actress, Chloe Bennet expressed her frustrations on Marvel Studios not following through with their Cinematic Universe thing. While the movies all give each other high-fives, and swap characters, and what not, they seem to ignore their TV shows entirely. Hell, even the shows acknowledge the movies. But it seems like a one-way street.

Well, it looks like Marvel may have listened to their television star, and is starting to buck up. According to a source close to the situation:

“Marvel Studios is considering having Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his Wilson Fisk role from Daredevil in Spider-Man: Homecoming.”

OfYGY.gif

god i hope this pans out, and he's already shown just how fantastic he is for the role!

8K4ztnn.jpg

EDIT: AW DAMMIT ITS NOT LEGIT BALLS

ZiG7QsV.png

kingpin-1435660946.gif

well...at least we're getting Micheal Keaton!

Edited by The NZA
@#$%

• 1 month later...

Looked at the other pics. Ah, dunno - too much...unnecessary crap tacked on:

Silver arms bands (shoulder, elbow, wrist) and a silver utility-belt? Those 'Tron-lines' on blue...reminds me of the Amazing Spidey redesign - and his out-of-place silver slippers and blue palms. Looks kinda whack. (shrugs) I'm sure in the end it won't matter as the character portrayal will be spot on.

I'll be freakin' when they go back to classic threads in the sequel. This is 'eh'.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, not feeling those wings either. Looks like they're trying to combine drone tech with the aesthetic of wings. The vulture wings never made any damn sense scientifically in the comics either, just like Angel & Archangel, but they looked good. That's their job--make them look cool.

I do dig the "talon" boots though.

They used to say it about me as well (which I honestly never understood).

Personally I like Vulture's design. In my sci-fi, I prefer half attempts at justifying tech rather than straight up banana bullshit. His wings look something similar to Falcon's, which may be no accident. Having him steal the original designs or maybe he worked on them before snapping. Could be a fun way to go, could also tie back in with why Tony is there (did Stark design Falcon's suit?)

Edited by alive she cried

^I don't think they look like Falcon's wings/jetpack at all. A Falcon design was something more like what I was expecting to see, but instead the Vulture's wings are enormous and have those rotator blade doodads. Blech. I hate it more than Panch hates Peter's bookbag.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I don't hate it. I just think it's huge and impractical as hell. It's got fucking airplane turbines on it! He doesn't walk around with that thing on his back! I think Haku was right with the reverse Goblin glider comment. That thing just sits in the air, swooping down to pick up Toomes when summoned.