Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man : Homecoming

Liz Allen: "Hey, isn't that the Spider-Man swinging out of the science wing? And is he wearing a bookbag?"

Flash Thompson: "Doesn't Parker have the same one?"

Liz: "... OMG..."

Flash: "I KNOW! Parker is, totally, trying to copy Spidey!"

Liz: "..."

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

Pickin' and a choosin'

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: Hey I sure hate that Spider-Man. He keeps getting in my shit. Hey you! Private Investigator.

Private Investigator: Who me?

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: Yeah you. Follow him home, but always think happy thoughts.

Private Investigator: Ah, okay. It's not as if I'm always angry on the job.

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: Just do it! No bad or threatening thoughts towards him.

Private Investigator: Alright, alright. Jesus man. Okay I need half now and half on delivery of unmasked photos.

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: You will get your payment when that darned arachnid's identity is known to me.

Private Investigator: Half now, or I walk.

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: (to him/herself) God damn fuckin'.

Private Investigator: You say something?

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: No, jus...just get me those photos....fuckin' prick.

Four hours later

Private Investigator: Here they are.

Literally any of Spidey's non retarded enemies: Cheers.

Edited by alive she cried

"Practical" is not a word I would use to describe an old man dressed as a giant green bird.

Yeah, but it's not as out of the ordinary as you'd think. Plus wings beats the hell out of a mobility scooter.

99.jpg

That is...unless...

jet-powered-mobility-scooter-560811-MEDIUM.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awww shit

Yep, it looks like Woodbine is playing Herman Shultz, aka The Shocker, which adds a little more credence to that previously leaked call sheet. (It also listed Hannibal Buress as a gym teacher at Peter Parker’s high school — something the comedian confirmed last week.)

That would bring the total number of villains in Spider-Man: Homecoming to three, which may elicit a little bit of skepticism; one of the biggest criticisms of the previous Spidey films was that some of them tried to juggle too many villains at once. But with Michael Keaton as The Vulture and Michael Chernus as The Tinkerer, it’s possible that The Shocker’s involvement will be brief.

xYPatba.jpg

I think that brings up something I've felt pretty strongly about for a while - and that's that a lot of genre movies with multiple baddies just don't work. Mostly this is due to the old school hollywood thinking that every villian must have equal if not more screen time as the hero. Nolan did an ok job with his handling of the scarecrow, because he was kinda this reoccurring thing that showed you - nope this is Batman's life, he has multiple bads to fight in a day. I think if speeder man handles the villains the same way with one BIG villain as the main bad - it will give us a better perspective that this is, while young, an experienced SM that deals with multiple menaces on a daily basis and maybe has trouble balancing that and his work/school life.

I think that brings up something I've felt pretty strongly about for a while - and that's that a lot of genre movies with multiple baddies just don't work. Mostly this is due to the old school hollywood thinking that every villian must have equal if not more screen time as the hero. Nolan did an ok job with his handling of the scarecrow, because he was kinda this reoccurring thing that showed you - nope this is Batman's life, he has multiple bads to fight in a day. I think if speeder man handles the villains the same way with one BIG villain as the main bad - it will give us a better perspective that this is, while young, an experienced SM that deals with multiple menaces on a daily basis and maybe has trouble balancing that and his work/school life.

I think Nolan handled multiple villains best, and he did it in Dark Knight. You've got the mob bosses, (but they're really more Joker adversaries), then you've got Joker, and finally Two-Face. All these villains flow in a central story, which pivots around Joker. Hopefully Homecoming is more TDK than Batman Forever in its handling of multiple villains. Edited by Mr. Hakujin