Hondo's Bar

Peanuts (2016 - new show!)

The NZA

Sweet - I dig that animation-style / technique, where it's kinda a mix of traditional (old-school: seemingly drawn on paper n' scanned) and modern (cpu assistance / motion tweening w/ the hand-drawn assets). That's the approach / technique I use for animation. Though it totally looks like they traced all the artwork w/ vector lines...

God - I miss Boomerang. Just last night - I was wishing I could just switch what I had on to Boomerang and slap on hours of random classic Snorks, Wacky Races, Flintstones n' the like for sum 3am ambience while I work. I got my own classic toons library - but it certainly ain't as big as Boomerang's. (I'm trying, though!)

I remember way back in the day when Boomerang got pulled from basic cable. I was like, 'Maaan, I wish I could just pick the channels I wanna pay for.' The only cable tv I'm interested in is that old-school, classic toons channel: Boomerang. Admittedly, I don't know how it is today, they obviously do have some modern programming - I haven't sat down and watched cable tv in many, many years.

Yeah, this is nice just to look at.

I don't recall Boomerang on cable as a kid. Anyway, I'm all for more Peanuts. Did eaither of you see the 2015 film? It is CGI animation, but it really is pulled off well. I enjoyed the hell outta that film. And the message and humor was spot on. I wonder if the creative team from that film is involved with this new series?

I'll give this a shot but I am wondering if it's possible to really enjoy Peanuts if you don't have a history with it. I read the comic strip a bit growing up but hadn't seen any of the films/specials until my 30s and it just didn't resonate with me. The Great Pumpkin one just made me angry!!

Yeah, maybe you had to grow up with Peanuts to really appreciate it, but it's still worth trying out. The VHS copy of Race For Your Life Charlie Brown got wo dah fuh out at my house. That raft race sequence was one of my favorite things ever.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin