Hondo's Bar

DC's new logo (again)

Jumbie

This is the new DC logo.

UJ4CMpa.jpg

Oh god it makes my eyes hurt. Literally.

I don't have a problem with the logo itself too much but it actually is painful to look at. I think it lacks a central focus plus it has two elements pulling your eyes in two different directions. I've tried looking at it in different sizes and it still hurts. Is it just me that gets eye strain?

Also, am I the only one seeing a blue deadpool face?

QS257Rk.jpg

yeah, it didn't strike me as their best either, but looking at the timeline, i'm guessing it's a throwback to fit the Rebirth thing...?

gotta admit, i heavily favor the 1976 one i grew up with, but '05 wasn't bad either...that last one though, i never cared for. this already feels better than that.

MbWpsJJ.jpg

I like it better than the peeled sticker logo they've been using or the generic one they used between the sticker and the kickass 90s riveted steel looking one. I feel like there should be a border around the blue but otherwise I like it. But yes, I see a Deadpool face.

I get the throwback thing. But the thin line around the lettering means no focus on a central point. The blue bullet one from 76 that everyone likes is basically the same but with a thick blue line so the white space in the middle is more of a central spot.

gotta admit, i heavily favor the 1976 one i grew up with, but '05 wasn't bad either...that last one though, i never cared for. this already feels better than that.

Ditto. Although, After watching two seasons of The Flash, the new sticker peel logo was growing on me. I think DC, should keep it simple like their MARVELous competition--Blue Circle. White Lettering and border. Done.