Hondo's Bar

Death Stranding (The Walking Dad)

The NZA

yeah, but a) creepy/silent hills-ish? and b) first time in literally decades kojima feels like he's doing something new, of his own volition. can't lie, there's not much at all here but i'm excited at that prospect...as someone who adored Snatcher, Policenauts & dug what i played of ZOE, i'm just on board for whatever

Interview with Kojima

Where are you guys at with Death Stranding? Is it still in the conceptual stage or are you in active development?

We're weighing our options for the engine. We are down to two candidates. One of the options was used to create this [trailer]. Because it's a new game, we want to do many tests first. As far as the imagery and the concept of what the world will look like, it's already settled. In between all of this, I'm trying to make the story and the characters and how it all comes together. We should settle on the engine soon, and at that point we'll move from tests to full development.

People are way too excited for this. This is just a teaser from Kojima with Reedus in it, if history has taught us anything its that we shouldn't hold our breath on a release date here.

rlZ5aPK.gif

Edited by Axels

• 5 months later...

People are way too excited for this. This is just a teaser from Kojima with Reedus in it, if history has taught us anything its that we shouldn't hold our breath on a release date here.

Now with Kojima and Mads (I've got shit in my eyes in everything now) Mikkelson.

...keep waiting for that release date tho.

Edited by Bindusara

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Stolen From Reddit: 

So the official website actually explains things a lot more clearly. It's interesting how specific Sony marketing will have to be in its messaging for this game considering the obscure concepts involved. I feel a heavy Dark Souls influence already:

What is Death Stranding?

From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) comes an all-new, genre-defying open world action adventure for PS4, starring Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner.

In the near future, mysterious explosions have rocked the globe, setting off a series of supernatural events known as the Death Stranding. With otherworldly creatures plaguing the landscape, and mass extinction imminent, it’s up to Sam Porter Bridges to travel across the ravaged wasteland and save humanity from impending annihilation.

Face unique challenges

Arm yourself and take aim at a variety of objectives in your mission to reunite a broken nation, while balancing under the weight of your cargo as you travel. Protect your supplies from wild bandits, and stay safe from the terrifying Beached Things… or face failing those who depend on you.

Death is not the end

There is no traditional ‘game over’ state in Death Stranding. Lose your life during combat and you’ll find yourself in an upside-down realm, searching for a way back to the living. Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution – and every death carries a consequence

Assist other players

Help other travellers without ever crossing paths via asynchronous online gameplay. Send supplies, share safe houses and walk in the footsteps of fellow couriers to reunite civilisation.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...