Hondo's Bar

Justice League Dark movie

From Variety

Doug Liman is set to direct the Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment adaptation of “Dark Universe” — a.k.a., “Justice League Dark.”

Scott Rudin is producing. Michael Gilio is writing the script.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

Sources also added that Liman has left the Channing Tatum “Gambit” which insiders say is a mutual split between the studio and Liman.

While plot details are being kept under wraps, the story revolves around a dark Justice League team that consists of John Constantine, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Zatanna and Etrigan the Demon.

The film is an ensemble focused which speaks to one of his early hits “Go”, which dealt with a similar ensemble. The film will play a major role in the new D.C. Cinematic Universe.

A while back there were rumors on the casting for the film:

Ben Mendelsohn is rumored to play Anton Arcane.

Colin Farrell is rumored to play Constantine.

Mona Bellucci is rumored to play Madame Xanadu.

Ewan Mcgregor is rumored to play Jason Blood. (Etrigan the Demon)

Ron Perlman is rumored to play Swamp Thing.

Unknown actor for Deadman. They are seeking comedian actor for the role.

Unknown actress for Zatanna.

The rumor also says that Scott Rudin will be the producer.

It got the producer right, but if they just got this new director, I wonder if the cast was done early, or if like a lot of Latino Review it was BS.

Either way the characters they will be using seem awesome. Now, if they only would cast Bill Burr as Deadman my life would be complete.

They're still using Del Toro's script and he's serving as producer as well, so I've got high hopes. Maybe they won't monkey with this one too much like they did with Suicide Squad (who the fuck lets the people who cut the trailer edit the film?!) and it won't have that movie's issues.

I've heard that argument before, but here's the thing - Matt Ryan isn't currently being Constantine. CW already went on record saying that with the addition of Supergirl, their superhero slots are filled. Which means no Constantine for now. Which means he's free to do the Justice league dark movie.

Which if they were smart would use that as a backdoor, the DCCU is an alternate Earth blah blah, constantine is the bridge between universes blah.

I've heard that argument before, but here's the thing - Matt Ryan isn't currently being Constantine. CW already went on record saying that with the addition of Supergirl, their superhero slots are filled. Which means no Constantine for now. Which means he's free to do the Justice league dark movie.

Which if they were smart would use that as a backdoor, the DCCU is an alternate Earth blah blah, constantine is the bridge between universes blah.

Tha fuck? Constantine isn't really a superhero. Does any comic book based show translate to "superhero" for CW? smh