Hondo's Bar

Food and Drink Nostalgia

Donatella

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:36 AM, Newtype said:

vljnRSU.jpg

Whoever's mom and dad ordered this back in the day IMMEDIATELY became the most popular kid on the block! Oh god, I ate so many feet of pizza!!

BK had curly fries???

Edited by Donutella
  • Haha 1

Just now, The NZA said:

were those BK shots good? i don't remember 

and i remember at least a few parties with that pizza by the foot 

Not only were the BK shots good but they were great on the go.

Just now, Donutella said:

BK had curly fries???

They sold them for a very short time but I can't any info on them.

Pizzarias! I would always think I wanted those and then get halfway through a bag and think "these are disgusting" and then a week later be like "Oooh, pizzarias!"

I started this thread with Dunkaroos! I think we still have some in the cupboard!

Also, the McDLT will forever remind me of this:

I mean they do have all the ingredients...

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

@The NZA was reading an Iron Man comic from the late 80s and he saw this ad and showed it to me so we could solve the word jumbles:

MnERbQB.jpg

Took me a minute to realize it was an ad for striped Chips Ahoy! Do these still exist? I don’t like regular Chips Ahoy that much but something about these makes them seem more exciting. 

Did anyone have these back in the day? 

2hkn60w.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 9:18 PM, The NZA said:

right? pretty sure i can taste balls IN MY MOUTH

By popular demand, Planters takes fans back to the 1990s by announcing the return of Planters Cheez Balls and Cheez Curls.

The announcement comes after fans created online groups, started petitions, and wrote letters for more than a decade asking Planters to bring back their favorite cheesy snack.

Starting in July 2018, and for a limited time only, fans will once again be able to get their hands on Planters Cheez Balls and Planters Cheez Curls at grocery stores nationwide.

Planters Cheez Balls will be available in 2.75-oz canisters, while Planters Cheez Curls will be sold in 4-oz canisters for a suggested price of $1.99 each.

• Like 1

What! Badgering works! But man, you really can smell and taste these things just looking at them. 

kLX2Ztg.jpg

They were one of those foods I never really liked but would get random odd cravings for. I might have to give these another shot when they’re back in stores!

What else can we bring back from the dead?

1 minute ago, Axels said:

Dunkaroos please. Those arent around anymore right?

jzsdpui.jpg

They were up until very recently. I feel like I have some of the last ones in existence in our cupboard now. They’ve expired and I’m just holding onto them for posterity!  

There is a cookie place here that makes “Dunk-a-hoots” which are a clear throwback to Dunkaroos:

5JSPP9S.jpg

I haven’t tried them but I can do some reconnaissance and if they’re anything like the original, maybe we can have some when you guys are in town!

• Like 1
  • Really Like 1

3 hours ago, Iambaytor said:

Couldn't you just dip teddy grahams into rainbow chip frosting?  Isn't that all they are?

Noooo! Teddy Grahams are delicious but they’re not the same at all. They only come in honey or cinnamon. Dunkaroos used to have cinnamon cookies but their vanilla ones are what we’re used to and Teddy Grahams don’t make vanilla cookies, unfortunately. Also, store bought frosting doesn’t taste the same at all, but you can find Dunkaroo frosting recipes online that are closer to the real thing! 

Also, don’t be fooled by the Walmart Dunk N Crunch version!

I1Z9aEU.png

I was really excited to see this but the cookies are oddly soft and taste nothing like the original. And everything was way too sweet!

On 6/26/2018 at 7:39 AM, Donatella said:

So much writing in this thread! I wish I cared about anything as much as you guys care about this franchise. 

On 6/28/2018 at 10:31 AM, Donatella said:

Also, yes, I’m aware I take my snacks too seriously. @The NZA learned this the hard way. 

whaaa_dean_supernatural.gif?resize=748,4

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1