Hondo's Bar

Sonic the Hedgehog

sonic-the-hedgehog-tim-miller.jpg?itok=8RT4POcS

Now that Tim Miller has left the Deadpool franchise, he is finding different ways to spend all of his time. According to The Hollywood Reporter, his next project will be a little more family-friendly than his last.

Tim Miller has now signed on as the Executive Producer for the Sonic The Hedgehog feature film.

It was previously announced that Miller's company Blur Studios would be producing the movie, but Miller had an obligation to direct the Deadpool sequel. Since his schedule was going to be full of F-bombs and unicorns, Miller was going to be pretty hands-off with the Sonic project.

After leaving his position at the helm of Deadpool, Miller can spend a little more time with the animated hedgehog. He won't be in the director's chair, but his trusted sidekick will be.

Jeff Fowler is a longtime collaborator of Miller's over at Blur Studios, and Sonic will mark his feature film directorial debut.

In addition to Miller and Fowler, two writers have also signed on to pen the script. Patrick Casey and Josh Miller are currently in the process of adapting Sonic's story for the big screen.

The film will be a combination of live-action and CGI, much like the incredibly successful Jungle Book remake. It seems as though many studios are grabbing for this tactic at the moment, as adaptations of The Lion King and Pinocchio are currently in the works.

Sonic The Hedgehog has been a popular video game franchise since Sega debuted the first game in 1991. The franchise has also released several comic books and cartoons in the years since.

• 1 year later...

dr-jimbotnik-1119184.jpeg

Jim Carrey Will Play Robotnik in ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ Movie

According to

Deadline sources, Jim Carrey is negotiating to star as Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik in the upcoming live action/CGI Sonic The Hedgehog movie from Paramount Pictures.

Carrey notably joins stars James Marsden and Tika Sumpter in the Jeff Fowler directed film, which is currently scheduled to release next year.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/29/jim-carrey-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-robotnik/

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099
  • Really Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jim Carrey as fuckin' ROBOTNIK???  LOL - what in the hell?!  Live-action / cg hybrid?

Hey, I don't - I don't any more selling points on this movie.  I am so onboard.

Not 'Patrick Stewart as Prof. X' - perfect...that would be DeVito - but, Jim Carrey was fuckin' great as the Grinch - I'd love to see that over-the-top, cartoonish performance in a fat suit.

114480.jpg?b64lines=SSdNIExBVUdISU5HCkFM

A live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie...what is happening?!  What year is this?!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Iambaytor said:

Oh no he has muscle tone, the movie is ruined

okay i know you're a heathen non-sonic fan but it's not just the tone, it's that the proportions look worse than what sonic boom did to him

you're gonna tell me that looks like something you'd wanna see?  cause it could've looked something like this 

DuJJvcPW4AAXLVg?format=jpg&name=900x900

and actually resembled the character, is all - but i guess this could be enjoyable 

PS

okay yes i'm organic web shootering this one, but i do love sonic and it's bad enough to have such an uneven library over the years, the weird furries, etc so in light of us all having just seen detective pokachu veer closer to live action than anyone wanted but still looking enjoyable, i'm understandably bummed at these early bits that remind me of 

e1c.jpg

• Haha 1

Thing is different so therefore thing must be bad

I find it amusing that people are uaing Detective Pikachu as a counterpoint to this since that trailer features many Pokemon rendered with grotesque realism when all we have so far is a silhouette and a set of legs.  Y'all aren't even organic webshooter skeptics you're those people complaining about Wind Waker screenshoys.

• Really? 1

• 4 months later...