Hondo's Bar

Justice League Dark

Keth

Japan is an alternate universe where society embraced animation basically from its invention, we're from a reality where live-action film is the coin of the realm and animation is for kids and perverts. R-rated films don't get enough sales from either category and will never get that kind of money.

I don't so much have a problem with the animation in these movies, this appears to be the same people who did that Batman Assault on Arkham movie, but the voice acting is next-level awful. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Adventure Time and similar things where they actually put the actors in the same rooms now instead of having people record their shit on separate days all alone but the voice-work is pretty awful.

I don't so much have a problem with the animation in these movies, this appears to be the same people who did that Batman Assault on Arkham movie, but the voice acting is next-level awful. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Adventure Time and similar things where they actually put the actors in the same rooms now instead of having people record their shit on separate days all alone but the voice-work is pretty awful.

Yeah but that's sadly the minority when it comes to VA work. Like take ADV (r.i.p), when I auditioned there, we auditioned in a room with two booths so you could act off one another but later found out that most of their work is single booth. You can really tell when actors are in the same room together. It really does groove better.

Bonus: Look up the Legacy of Kain voice work outtakes at some point to brighten your day. That shit looked fun as hell.

(the soul reaver ones are pretty fantastic too)

• 5 months later...