Hondo's Bar

Castlevania

Visitant

http://io9.gizmodo.com/netflix-has-announced-a-castlevania-tv-show-for-2017-1792131221?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Netflix Has Announced a Castlevania TV Show for 2017

There aren’t any dang details about it but, at some point this year, we’ll get the chance to watch somebody from Castlevania’s Belmont family fighting bloodsuckers.

Netflix has been holding an event today where it’s announcing the bulk of its upcoming programming slate. Nestled in the press release was this:

Castlevania Season 1, Part 1
Coming to Netflix in 2017

This is literally all we know for sure at the moment, but the project is likely the same one that’s been reported as being in development from Frederator Networks (Adventure Time) and producer Adi Shankar, who was behind that gritty Power Rangers short back in 2015. On an episode of the Nick Animation podcast late last year, Seibert said that Frederator was ramping up on an unnamed video game project. His words, as per Slashfilmtranscription:

We have a project right now that we’re doing that needs to go unnamed, based on one of the most world-famous video games of the last 30 years, that we’ve had in our shop for 12 years without being able to get it started. But there were great characters and a great story, and eventually we got it going.

Prior to that, Shankar had said he’d be doing work on a Castlevania series with Seibert.

So, signs seem to point that the Netflix show is this Seibert/Shankar collaboration. An article up on The Globe and Mail reports that Warren Ellis has done the writing for the show’s first season. We’ll have to wait for more official details to be 100% sure and will update if they come through.

It's actually based on the erotic pachinko machine.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah but they could have posted that on a pachinko machine and you could have said that

on one hand: you're not wrong!

on the other: this is modern day konami who couldn't even farm out silent hill collection right, it's not like we can put fucking up the castle logo of castlefuckingvania past them

• 2 months later...

I hope Nintendo is looking at this - and finally unleashes the holy hell that is the potential of their IPs and 'anime'. Hell, I'd take a stop-motion Pikmin feature, any day. Nintendo could dominate the video game adaption market w/ the right vision and put in the right hands.

Yeah, there are already tons of video game adaptions - but I think 'Castlevania' could do what 'Iron Man' did: make a 'dead-end' genre viable. A steady stream of 'Animated Video Game Adaptions' would be so sick. Gotta feeling Castlevania is gonna create a splash. Love that NES / cartridge intro. Fuck yeah!

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/castlevania/262088/netflixs-castlevania-trailer-release-date-story-everything-else-we-know

castlevania3_(11).jpg

...the Castlevania animated series follows "the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself."

Furthermore, the plot will be a rough adaptation of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, which makes sense given how deeply that game tapped into the Castlevania mythology. Dracula's Curse told the story of Trevor Belmont and his mission to slay Dracule once more in 1400s Europe. fought to stop Dracula from ravaging Europe in the 1400's. This was also the game that introduced Alucard, Dracula's son.

Cooool!

I fully expect flashback scenes harkening back to Simon...and a line like, "...it must've been a horrible night to have a curse."

(first thing that popped into my head when i read "Symphony of the Night season 2".

I wrote a full sequel to SotN in high school. script, tons of graph paper sketching out the ideas for the castle.

...yep.

And there's a LONG ways to go before we're SOTN ready. You need to cover Dracula X, which means covering everything Simon did...

(first thing that popped into my head when i read "Symphony of the Night season 2".

I wrote a full sequel to SotN in high school. script, tons of graph paper sketching out the ideas for the castle.

...yep.

And there's a LONG ways to go before we're SOTN ready. You need to cover Dracula X, which means covering everything Simon did...

A boy can dream.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099