Hondo's Bar

Darth Vader Vs Saruman

arc

darth vader vs saruman  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well we just had a good guy version of this fight with "yoda vs gandalf" (see fight club's yoda vs gandalf for further detail) so here's a spin off fight thrown from the same book of battles.

i think this would prove to be a rather close fight indeed, but then again i am starting to think that saruman is just a crazy old man that hangs out in his pjs all day long. and now that i think about it maybe vader is s&m freak. well what ever the case the fight is on and my money is on smerfett?

Ah ha! here we go, now i can go back ot my roots!

Vader all the way baby.

Saruman by the second book... *SPOILER alert*

...Has dwindled in power. Even when more powerful his magical forte was in persuasion. In power by the labors of others. When attacked by the Ents Saruman could do nothing to try and hold Isengard. Without the army of orcs send off to Helm's Deep he couldn't even defend against highly flammable trees!

The powers he used in the fellowship are easily defeated by some of vaders basic force powers. Not to mention the variable length lightsaber he can weild with deadly skill. Saruman is no match for a master of the Dark side.

I disagree..that wasnt hand to hand at all, that was more "force/magic" stuff. Hand to hand...look at Darth Maul: he could choke you from across the room, be next to you in a matter of seconds (guns blazing...anyone remember him jumpin at Qui-gon off the sand speeder, already swingin?) and ahnnialate you with fancy wushu/kempo moves. When his saber breaks, he improvises without skippin a beat...if Vader's his better, i say the Sith takes it. Mages dont do hand to hand, they zap from a distance - powerful zaps, granted, but if you can dish it back out & still get in up close, plus move the way these guys do - i say its all vader.

Hey im no longer a commie, just came back from that one, and...thats true he did some demon ass beatin there, that was cool. Still, its not his strength but yeah he did fare well when he made his reapparence and had a buncha weapons thrown at 'im, too.

Even so....Vader's a high levle magus for his universe's wizards, and one of the best hand-to-hand there as well...pretty hard to beat.

• 1 year later...

Jack brings up a good point. Gandalf seldom moves in a fight but this doesn't mean he can't. Maybe the maybe the greatest power does not lie in the excretion of it but in the manner it’s welded. Case in point Darth Sidious is the Sith master but his movements are controlled and constrained in order to not only gain strength but precision at the release.

Edited by arc

Gandalf can kick Vaders ass, but Saruman is weaker and his arrogance gets the better of him. Wizards are tougher, especially warmages. Gandalf wouldn't have a sword if he couldn't use it in melee combat. Saruman is a pussy and hid behind his little goblins. I pull for Vader in this one.

• 1 year later...

Eh, Vador was pretty easily manipulated by Palpatine. I say Saruman (from the book, not the movie: he was powered down in the movie) could play him like a fiddle. Though his other powers may have dwindled by the second and third books, he still had his persuasion.

Hey, where's the spoiler option?

Edited by Lycaon