Hondo's Bar

The Orville

I fucking love this show! It's like Doctor Who with obvious Star Trek stuff and some awesome Twilight Zone moments thrown in there. It's got a weird late 90's aesthetic that adds to the charm and it's hilarious. I liken it to a Marvel movie where it's able to balance jokes against a story that is taking itself seriously. It's just really fun and interesting I think. Alara, Isaac and Bortus are my favorites so far. 

I don't know...

That was the younger Kelly and she was a lot crazier, no? Big drinker? She also told that story about playing slip-and-slide in her skivies that the older Kelly got pissed about. I'd say it was in character for the younger version. Now had the older one done that I'd have to agree with you.

Man, that was a dud of a season finale though. That shoulda been thrown into the middle of the season.

That said, this show is great and very clever. I'm expecting a musical episode at some point. There is no way MacFarlane is going to let his pipes go to waste here. 

Edited by Axels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just finished S2E8: "Identity, Pt. 1"

Wow, I did not see that twist coming. I should've, but I didn't. I thought the little kid was gonna trigger something in Isaac that led to a semblance of emotion and he'd end up back on the ship. But they went int he opposite direction--they went full o Borg. Curious to see how this all ends in part two.

Also, this just further confirms this doctor is a nitwit. She''s trynna be Crusher, but she's 100% Polaski.

• 1 month later...