Hondo's Bar

R.I.P. Chris Cornell: Dead at age 52

This one hit me a little harder than most deaths. I was such a huge Soundgarden fan, especially in high school. I used to really enjoy listening to music and reading novels at the same time when I was younger (now I tend to read a lot more dense nonfiction that takes more concentration). I don't even know how many books I read while listening to Soundgarden albums. Chris Cornell just had such an amazing range as a vocalist.

^ LOL!!! Oh, man - I can so see it. LOL - that's brutal...but, freakin' hilarious.

04a.gif

Looking like we ain't gonna know what went down for a bit.

I feel bad for the widow - now she's gotta make peace w/ a reason...that evidently, ain't very clear.

This one hit me a little harder than most deaths. I was such a huge Soundgarden fan, especially in high school.

Same here. I used to always have Soundgarden on me, (Walkman, CD player) even way into my 'Art School' dayz. Still - every now n' again - I'd totally throw on an album while I doodle or write. 'Noise' during my teens n' Soundgarden were synonymous...along w/ Nirvana and The Doors.

I remember the whole grunge-scene becoming a thing - really dug it. Still do. I still remember exactly where I was standing when I heard Kurt Cobain died. I was in 8th grade. That was rough.

Cornell really was one of the rock scene's most gifted vocalists. A legend of the grunge era...who was still relevant. Died coming right off a performance w/ Soundgarden...in 2017? Man. (applaudes)

Edited by Little Nemo McFly
  • Upvote 1