Hondo's Bar

Sega Genesis

The NZA

Lemmings was fun on any system, TMNT (hyperstone heist or which one? there was a fighter too but i think youre talkin bout the side-scrolling beat em ups) was really cool.

Genesis had tons of classics, ill do it by genre:

RPG - Phantasy Star series (one of my favorites), Sword of Vermillion, Shining Force series, even Starflight

Action - Streets of Rage 1-3, ok this list isnt gonna work cause ill be here all day listing their great arcade converts.

So instead, games i miss: ToeJam & Earl, Eternal Champions, Revenge of Shinobi, some of those great space shooters like R-Type, Gaires, etc...unkowns like Valis III, even crazy ones like Decap Attack strarring Chuck D. Head

ones i wish idve played: El Viento, Chakan: the Forever man, Kid Chameleon.

And i could do a whole (short) thread on Sega CD.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunstar Heroes! One of the best action games ever made. Spongebob, you'd love this one, you just blast the living shit out of anything that movies with perfect conrtolls that balance contra style shooting with a bit of martial arts and some of the best level design on earth. I can't reccomend this game enough.

Good calls..but did you ever actually finish any of those strike games? Man, i remember them bein hard as fuck.

Oh yeah, we once rented this crazy one by EA, Haunting or somethin, were you were tryin to scare families out of their hoseus, i remember that was fun. That and the other rental (TD tell me you played this one) 4-player General Chaos...hah.

Ian - you do know ive got a bunch of genesis games in my foot locker, right?

That is it just say the games that you like the most and i'll create a poll once more games get said.

IC- You do?? I wanna come and check them out..

Everyone know that sonic will be up with sega's best games. But which is your faviorate 1 or 2? Did they make a 3? 2 was my faviorate because they had a head to head.

Impressive..

Yeah 2 was good, the vs mode was cool. There was a 3, and then a Sonic & Knuckles that let you play all 3 of them with Knuckles, that was so cool. I think that mightve been my favorite (outside of Sonic CD, damn that was good) but yeah i played 2 the most.

My mom use to play Jurassic Park. She kicked ass in it. She would play for about an hour or so and get up to T-Rex or something and die. :( She might have beaten the game but i am not quite sure.

IC- Sonic CD?? Is that for Sega Saturn? Dont wory i'll start one for a new system soon. mabey nintendo next.

Jurrasic Park - where you could play the raptor, right? That was fun but i hated the jumping parts (like most 16-bit games).

Sonic CD was for Sega CD...did you ever see that system? Was an add-on for the Genesis, didnt do horribly well but i had it & liked the games i had...

Sonic CD was cool. It had openin animes, good soundtrack, the ability to run so fast youd travel through time, big races with mecha-sonic...damn it was cool.

If you ever seen one for sale cheap, lemme know, there's a few games i always wanted to play on one but never got a chance. (Panzer Dragoon Saga, few others).

Also if we ever get the Sega-CD loaded up Junker has to loan us Snatcher.

Yeah, the soundtack's still really cool, and part 2 might be the best of the lot.

Spongey - yes you did, the side-scorlling one on the Dreamcast Smash Pack we played, where i was the white boxer guy and you were the wrestler who was supposed to help me gang up on bosses but you kept hitting me "by accident"? Baseball bats, alla that? That was Streets of Rage 2, even had a vs mode.

okay i am spongebobs best friend and, we were playin tmnt heperstone and, it was cool and, all but really the best game in the intire world is hard drivin' nothing beats hard drivin' . icould try to beat that game but there was no end and all it did was get harder. and spongebob 4 me birthday i would suggest u get me lemmings

Howdy thunder, good to have you aboard...i heard a lot about Hard Drivin but never got to play that one. Didnt have many racing games - DJ Ario X (good friend of mine, he's on this board too) had Virtua Racing and Out Run i think, all i had was this multiplayer arcade classic one called off-road, game of small trucks in a big dirt race...it wsa pretty simple but one of the cartidges me & my friends played so much that it died. ???

Super Hang-On kicked my ass too. Im not that great at racing games.

Earthworm Jim was cool....Cap'n P actaully finished that one, the ending was...well it was somethin.

Sega CD i loved Sonic CD, Spider-Man (longer remake of genesis one), Jurrasic Park (wasnt very good, kinda fun at the time), and these RPG's Lunar 1 & 2. Didnt play too many others sadly.