Hondo's Bar

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Jurassic World 2 script in by August - Will move forward under Spielberg's approval

Well, it seems as though the Jurassic World sequel news/ rumours are starting to come out slowly. This update comes from user "spatulashack" from the Box Office Theory forums, who is known to have provided accurate information many times in the past.

But as always, take this with a grain of salt just in case. In summary, he states:

Colin and Steven had a meeting with Donna Langley and the goal is for Colin to have a very rough script by August. Colin isn't directing the sequel but he will be very involved just like Spielberg. And if Spielberg doesn't like the script, the studio won't set a date yet. In other words, this won't be like the Furious films. We'll be getting a sequel and it's all happening quickly but the camera won't start rolling until both Donna and Spielberg are happy.

It is good to see that despite Jurassic World being a monstrous hit, the studio and creative team aren't rushing into a sequel blindly. It is also nice to see that Colin will remain involved creatively and hopefully continue the story from Jurassic World. With this news, it is likely that we will be hearing more regarding a sequel in the coming weeks so stay tuned.

1436118600877.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wasn't a fan of JW - at all. Huge fan of JP.

It'd be a cool spin if they went w/...not...mutant / hybrid dinos - and (w/ what we know today) kinda pulled the craziest lookin' dinos, that'd actually existed - and pit our hapless heroes against 'em.

The fact that we'll know the movie's monsters / creatures actually existed could have that 'stanger than fiction' vibe goin' on? Yeah, Discovery Channel's 'Walking w/ Dinosaurs' kinda already did the 'photo-real...brought-to-life' thing, but - I think having the audience know that whatever sick-ass creature showed up, once walked the Earth - would be awesome on so many levels.

At the same time, it could be kinda boring and ho-hum - like what JW alluded audience reaction was w/ that approach. I'm not the audience JW spoke of - or was even aimed at. I would prefer going to a non-hybrid JP.

Wanna see a trailer.

• 3 months later...

Really? No ones posted about this yet?

Jurassic World 2 Will Be A "Spanish Horror Thriller With Dinosaurs"

Jurassic World was one of the biggest hits of recent years, and although director Colin Trevorrow chose not to return to direct the sequel, he is heavily involved as a writer and producer. He has now been speaking about what fans can expect from Jurassic World 2.

Trevorrow appeared on the HappySadConfused podcast, and explained that the film he had written for director J.A. Bayona was very different from what he might have done for himself.

"It is by far my favorite creative collaboration that I've ever been involved in," he said, via Collider. "Bayona is a completely different kind of filmmaker and thinker than I am, yet we do have a lot of things in common. I was able to craft something specifically for another filmmaker that I admire. I built a Spanish horror thriller with dinosaurs in it that I probably wouldn't have built for myself."

Trevorrow went on to state that he thought Jurassic World 2 would be even better than the first one. "I think that it's gonna be a better movie. I just do," he said. "It's just deeper, it's more character-based, it definitely leans into suspense especially in the second half.

"I've started to see stuff come together and it's just insane. I apologize to those who thought they were never gonna need to see another Jurassic World movie, because I think J.A. Bayona is gonna prove [them] wrong."

The film stars Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt once more, and they will be joined by James Cromwell, Toby Jones, and Rafe Spall. Jeff Goldbum, who starred in the original Jurassic Park, will also reprise his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm.

Jurassic World 2 opens on June 22, 2018. The first on-set image was revealed in March--check it out here.

Jurassic World currently stands as the fourth biggest movie of all time, bringing in $1.6 billion at the global box office. It was the first new entry in the series since 2001's Jurassic Park III. The franchise is based on Michael Crichton's 1990 novel.

• 5 months later...

With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful franchises in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs—along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. 

Stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard return alongside executive producers Steven Spielberg and Colin Trevorrow for Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Pratt and Howard are joined by co-stars James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Justice Smith, Geraldine Chaplin, Daniella Pineda, Toby Jones, Rafe Spall, while BD Wong and Jeff Goldblum reprise their roles.

Directed by J.A. Bayona (The Impossible), the epic action-adventure is written by Jurassic World’s director, Trevorrow, and its co-writer, Derek Connolly. Producers Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley once again partner with Spielberg and Trevorrow in leading the team of filmmakers for this stunning installment. Belén Atienza joins the team as a producer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Colin Trevorrow to direct ‘Jurassic World 3’

After helming “Jurassic World” — and then sitting out for its sequel, “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”  Colin Trevorrow is set to return to direct the third pic in the series, which he is currently co-writing with Emily Carmichael.

Entertainment Weekly broke the director news on Friday with a statement from Steven Spielberg, who is currently on the press circuit for “Ready Player One.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...