Hondo's Bar

Rocko's Modern Life

The NZA

"Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling" set to air on Nick in 2018

Last year, Nickelodeon confirmed that it was bringing back a number of its old Nicktoons shows for one-off movies, including Hey Arnold and that old satirical, surrealist mainstay, Rocko’s Modern Life. Now, the network has released a cast list and synopsis for the film, revealing that the entire O-Town crew—Tom Kenny, Mr. Lawrence, Charlie Adler, Jill Talley, Linda Wallem, and Rocko himself, Carlos Alazraqui—will all return for Static Cling.

The film’s premise seems to have landed right in the middle of Rocko’s anti-corporate, anti-fad wheelhouse, with everybody’s favorite cartoon wallaby returning to Earth from space (where’s he been stuck since 1996), only to find his best friends Heffer and Filburt, plus the entire rest of the planet, addicted to smartphones and social media.

6dd.gif

x-things-you-can-do-to-make-phone-sex-hot-and-steamy-again-2.gif

Absolutely love the premise.

'Rocko' is my all-time fav cartoon. (Simpsons #2 - South Park #3)

Joe Murray - along w/ Winsor - are among my 'heroes'. Never could get into 'Camp Lazlo', tho. This book was my bible for a very long while -

tumblr_orzxz5Z5Qm1vndct2o1_540.jpg

It sounds like a brilliant idea - makes sense for the IP and it just being a flick - is even more of a good idea. Joe Murray is the man. Glad to see him back w/ something to say.

studio1.jpg

• 1 month later...