Hondo's Bar

11 hours ago, Axels said:

http://snesclassicmods.com/how-to-add-more-games-to-snes-classic-mini/

There's the modding tutorial. It's almost deliberately easy. I added Chrono Trigger, DKC 2 and 3, Final Fantasy 2(4) and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I need to find an english FF5. You can also mod it to play non snes games, but I havent figured that out yet.

As for an N64 mini, I'd like Pokemon Snap honestly. Its stupid, but I have alot of fun wih that game. Microsoft doesn't seem too stingy with it's Rare titles, so if Nintendo plays nice then Goldeneye might be a possibility. I wouldnt hold my breath for the Banjo games though since MS has those remakes. (Edit: I missed your Rare remarks Baytor)

If Nintendo has to work out how to play nice with rare properties or vice versa, that's an encouraging precedent for some of those titles to get sequels on Switch. Also while I'm voicing unrealistic dreams, how fucking good would a Viva Pinata game on Switch be?

17 hours ago, Iambaytor said:

So using the math for the NES To SNES we're probably gonna get 10 games, 15 at most for N64 classic.  What are your hopes?

I doubt any non-licensed Rare games will appear and Goldeneye might be a rights issue.  I don't want Mario Party or Donkey Kong 64 but they'll likely be there.

1. Super Mario 64

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Majora's Mask

4. Diddy Kong Racing

5. Super Smash Bros.

6. Mario Kart 64

7. Paper Mario

8. Extreme G

9. Kirby 64

10. Star Fox 64

I'd be comfortable shelling out $100 for that.

That's prolly gonna be exactly what the dilly is

I've done bought all these already - on Wii n' Wii U...'cept Extreme G, Kirby 64 and Diddy Kong Racing.

BUT like the NES VC, it's all looks dim and muddy.  I throw down a hundo for a sharp, colorful 1080p version of these games...along w/ a lil mini N64 w/ functioning controller?  I can get jiggy w/ that.

Smash 64 alone, I think - will get Nintendo / nostalgia-junkies scrambling for a mini.

Fun Fact: DK 64 has the only 100% legit true-Arcade port of 'Donkey Kong' ever released - it's even in the VC port.  If it's get onto the mini, too - super-bonus.

maxresdefault.jpg

Guilty favs I'd want?  Castlevania 64 / Legacy of Darkness, Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squardon, WCW / NWO Revenge...

i need blast corps, maybe robotron 64

On 5/25/2018 at 7:26 AM, Little Nemo McFly said:

Fun Fact: DK 64 has the only 100% legit true-Arcade port of 'Donkey Kong' ever released - it's even in the VC port.  If it's get onto the mini, too - super-bonus.

maxresdefault.jpg

close! they released the full title as a stand-alone bonus years back on 3DS VC if you purchased a certain amount by the year's end, i bought paper mario: sticker star story (wasn't great) just to get it 

That 3DS exclusive 'Original Edition' (which I freakin' missed out on - totally jelly) is a port of the NES version.  They added / 'restored' the missing second stage that was in the Arcade - but missing in the NES port.

Aside from 'restoring' the NES version to the full 4 stages of the Arcade - it ain't an arcade port.  The 'Original Edition' is the NES ROM - w/ a new stage.

The only true Arcade port is in DK 64.  It had to do w/ Nintendo not really 'owning' the physical programming / coding work(?) of the original Arcade...that's why we've never seen any Arcade ports of their most famous / important video game.

The DK 64 programmers stuck the original Donkey Kong Arcade game in their game, w/out Nintendo knowing.  Surprisingly, they kept it in - even in the VC release.

true

but seriously, a 15 slot N64 library without Rare (and possibly classic WWF games) gets rough pretty quick

Mario 64

Paper Mario 

Smash Bros

Mario Kart 64

Zelda: OoT

Majora's Mask 

Star Fox 64

Wave Race 64

Tetris 64

Sin & Punishment

Banjo & Kazooie 

Mischief Makers 

Yoshit's Story? DK 64? Excitebike 64?

Rare easily makes literally half this library better. without them?  a rare-sized hole.  it's easily an entirely different catalog altogether. 

On 5/27/2018 at 1:58 PM, The NZA said:

ohhh, i get you nemo

and yeah the differences are mostly technical or minor

LOL - yeah, I know - who gives a shit - super minor.  BUT if you're into these kinda things and appreciate arcade-accurate ports...(specially never-released-ever ports) DK 64 has a super-secret bonus.

(left Arcade, right NES)

vc-donkeykong-spot2.gif

In the NES port - you don't get the intro animation at 'Game Start' where Donkey Kong climbs the girders w/ Pauline and then stomps 'em all into slants...difficulty is lowered..."How high can you get?" bumbers are gone...colors are different...again, who gives a shit - but personally, I prefer the Arcade version and if you're into that kinda thang: bonus if they get DK 64 in there.

Yeah, the only good thing about that game for me, really - was that freakin' unlockable...but, I REALLY love that Arcade game.  So - to me, worth the mindless slog.

donkeykong64_arcade.png

But, there are genuine DK64 fans out there - who don't care 'bout no 'dusty-ass old-man game' - who would immediately jump into a DK Rap seeing that game on the N64 mini.

If Nintendo does get RARE onboard - solid chance DK64 is making the cut...along w/ Diddy Kong Racing.  I'll take having to shuffle past DK64 if it means getting Diddy Kong Racing.