Hondo's Bar

Deadpool 2

An alternative take,

• 2 weeks later...

God, say what you will about Fox and certain franchise's, they seem to care about them. This is the video description:

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

• Like 1
  • Really Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shower Thought: This is by the same studio that currently owns the X-men franchise... The trailer implies Cable is out to murder some kid in the past to change the future and Deadpool is trying to protect him... Bet the kid's probably going to turn out to be the reincarnation of Apocalypse and Deadpool is mistakenly fighting on the wrong side throughout the whole film...

Edited by Drifter
clarification

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I liked the movie as much as the first one, I can't shake the feeling that there was something.... Off about it. 

I think maybe it was Cable? I liked the scenes with him and Deadpool as a team, but he was incredibly dull otherwise.

I loved the X-Force scene. I was little bummed not to truly see them in action, but the way they did that was hilarious.

I loved Domino more than I thought I would, she was great. 

The references to the MCU were a nice touch also. Felt less disconnected from the other movies.

I'm also glad it took itself a bit more seriously in the aspect I didnt mention in the spoiler. Gave Wade a little more depth and steered away from just being a meme/cartoon character. 

On 5/19/2018 at 1:13 AM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

Saw it.

Was it good? Yes.

Was there more action? Yes.

Did it have more heart? Yes.

Was it funnier? Ehhh...

Was it better than 1? No.

Hide contents

I'm just happy that I was the only one in the entire theater to laugh out loud at the Liefeld "can't draw feet" joke.

Agreed on all accounts except for the spoiler--I was the only one. ?

Even though it wasn't as good as the first one I feel like it's worth seeing twice. Way too many jokes and references to catch on just one viewing. The opening credits alone warrant seeing it again on home video. 

Is it as good as the first? 

...eh, I don't think anything can ever really capture the essence of the first. Going into the first movie, we didn't know WHAT  to expect - we'd never seen a DP movie before. Now we have, so it has to find new ways to engage with us without relying on repeating the same jokes from the first movie. 

Did you love it as much as the first? Maybe repeat viewings will change my mind, but no I don't think I do. 

Does that mean it's bad? Hell no, that shit was fun as hell. 

Where does (blank) go now that all the Marvel Fox stuff is happening? Who cares! Just enjoy this movie for what it is - a super fun DP movie that we honestly needed to make us smile after that fucking Infinity War ending

• Upvote 2

agreed with everybody here on it  being fun but not as good as part 1

the 90's x-whatever fan in me loved seeing the team (even if they did shatterstar dirty), i thought domino stole a few scenes and cable was really played well...i just don't get why we left him hanging so much.

okay yeah, we don't gotta get into why he's cyk & a clone of jean's son frm the future who fights apocalypse/etc but why show a moment of him struggling with the techno-organic virus to never really even mention it?  

some scenes went on too long, some fell flat but i wanted dumb comedy & action with half the x-force team and i got that.  i can't imagine disney fucking with the casting here too much once they hopefully take over but i feel like a 3rd entry would need a bigger event or something to carry it, might just be me 

what cameos did i miss? pitt as vanisher was some shit, i just read damon & wash (firefly) were the rednecks.  wish id've seen the other non-beast x-men in that one shot! 

also: no after credits scene addressing the essex/sinister connection?

That was the best example of marketable fan service I've seen in a while or maybe ever.  Mostly I think they traded jokes for world-building/tethering to other properties and of course I was more than okay with that. 

what I loved was seeing an x-force team that covered literally every era of the book.  Highlights for the fan boy in me were Zeitgeist's insta-death and the uncanny x-force black costume.  The post credit was a bloody hoot. 

And the two second shot of the x-men proper,  hiding from the neighbourhood pest was masterful.